Feels like high school 2.0

Virgo

Ah high school..if I have to go through that crap again, I wish I could at least look like I did then too,lol!

But do it! Just ask him...we never know until we try :) if he's flirting and sending subtle hints and messages, I would say you have nothing to lose!

Sounds like he's trying to guage your interest. Like in a card game where neither player wants to be the first to show their hand....nobody wanting to appear too keen or too eager. (he may be a really nice guy who doesn't want to seem too forward).

So, why not dispense with that, cut to the chase, and float the invite of a date-ish get-together with him (such as coffee a deux  or drinks).

Be sure and update us!

Baylee

The thing I like about dating now vs. dating in high school.

I've had a lifetime full of experiences, that builds confidence. Not much confidence in high school when it came to women.

The years have been kind to me, so I stand out somewhat in my age group. Didn't feel like I stood out when it came to looks in high school.

I don't chase anyone that's not chasing me right back. That did come after having some dating experience in this "new life." Certainly very different than my high school experience or lack thereof  ;)

I'm certainly more willing to take chances and my ego doesn't get bruised if someone isn't equally as interested. That's so different from high school.

I think that you should suggest meeting for coffee sometime. All of this stuff gets so much easier in this "new life" with experience.

Virgo  Never too old for flirting - I had a charming elderly great aunt that flirted with handsome men of any age, she had a lot of admirers.  She also had a lot of practice at it too.  ;)

Flirting for me feels strange, I'm out of practice and yes, feel as klutzy as a high schooler. 

Know what I'm never too old for though?  The excitement, the obsession/infatuation, the feeling like the two of you are in a bubble and the rest of the world is in the background, in black and white.  I think it's worth the awkwardness and the wondering, to get to that euphoric, invigorating stuff

Well I worked meeting for dinner into the conversation today with one of the men I chat with.  While knowing that more than likely he would say no due to a scheduling conflict. I guess in some ways that took the pressure off for me. Anyway, he said it probably wouldn't work out for tonight. Then I said, "maybe another time." He said, "absolutely! I would like that." I basically left it up to him to schedule a time. We'll see.

Guest nonesuch

Remember, too: a lot of people are afraid.

Even men.

I got lots of replies to ads I placed, many who vanished into the ether when I suggested meeting.  I'm certain it's not because I'm an acquired taste.  They hadn't met me to find that out, yet.