And right on schedule the funk returns...

ManutesGirl

My birthday is this week.  Of all the hard days this one is just the loneliest.  In many ways this day magnifies my losses.  Not just DH but our entire family.  Step kids are no longer part of my life.  Something about sharing your birthday with kids makes it a bit more fun.  It's not the presents but about the special time we spent together...I miss feeling special to DH and the kids and being special to them.

And right on schedule the funk returns..

(((ManutesGirl)))

"Time is like the wind, it lifts the light and leaves the heavy."

~~ Doménico Cieri Estrada

Malm-Gentle%20Breeze-36x24.jpg

Wishing you serene and gentle moments on your Birthday!

ATJ  :)

Sending you a hug. Last year, my first birthday without DH was very difficult.  I just had my second birthday without him last week and it was much better.  I had lots of things scheduled with family and friends over several days which was a big help.  Even if it's something small, make some plans for yourself, do something completely different than what you used to do.  You will still have moments of sadness and loneliness but hopefully you can balance them with some moments of joy.

Thanks everyone.  My run this morning was awesome - guess I should cry myself to sleep the night before my next race  :D 

Tomorrow will be the 4th birthday without DH.  I have no plans other than swim & run in the morning and then work.  Tonight I thought I have nothing for dinner tomorrow night.  And even if I cooked a great meal I would have to clean up to and that just sucks.  I hate that I have to figure out my own birthday meal and then no cake.  Who would've thought at 48 that would bother you...  Funny thing is we weren't huge birthday celebration people but it was always a day that we spent together.  And I miss that so much.

I know this is just another one of those waves and I will ride it and be ok.  Now to hang on for the ride...

(((((ManutesGirl)))))),

There's no doubt. It sucks. I'm sure you will ride the grief wave, but please, go out tomorrow...buy beautiful flowers, the ingredients of a lovely (but simple) meal and cake (even just a great cupcake). Celebrate yourself hon...you are worth it!

Take care, Bluebird

Thanks everyone.  My run this morning was awesome - guess I should cry myself to sleep the night before my next race  :D 

Tomorrow will be the 4th birthday without DH.  I have no plans other than swim & run in the morning and then work.  Tonight I thought I have nothing for dinner tomorrow night.  And even if I cooked a great meal I would have to clean up to and that just sucks.  I hate that I have to figure out my own birthday meal and then no cake.  Who would've thought at 48 that would bother you...  Funny thing is we weren't huge birthday celebration people but it was always a day that we spent together.  And I miss that so much.

I know this is just another one of those waves and I will ride it and be ok.  Now to hang on for the ride...

Back before I moved to the middle of nowhere, I would go to the opera or the orchestra on my birthday, alone.  And how funny is this?  Each time, I just happened to have tickets next to elderly widowers who were also there alone.  I suggest you do things that give you pleasure, even if it means doing them alone, even if it just means cleaning up (save the cleanup for the next day, it's your birthday!).