Hard To Believe That You Are Gone

Mac

And even when things are going so well in life on so many levels. And even when I am filled with gratitude and happiness most days. It's still so hard to believe that you are gone.

Guest Lost35

Mac,  I find I feel this way, especially when things are going well or looking up.  I wish you well with continued gratitude and happiness.  You deserve a good life on every level.

-L.

Grateful for her friendship.

Grateful for her love.

Grateful for the memories.

Grateful for the tears and sobbing today.

Life is real.

Life is feeling.

Life is love.

It is what makes this whole widowhood thing so damn confusing...because I am so grateful for my love I have in my life today and yet sometimes it hits with such disbelief that the love that I thought I would always be sharing is now gone.  And I do feel so grateful that I did get to share part of my life with such an incredible man.  Early on another widow told me "Don't be afraid you will always be loved."  I just could not believe her but she told me the love would come in many forms.  And she was right, she told me because M. and I had such a real true love I would always be open to giving and receiving love.  I hear you Mac, and I too am grateful for my past and my present.

• 3 weeks later...

... It's still so hard to believe that you are gone.

366522.jpg

"I used to believe in Forever,

but now I think Forever is too short!"

~~ Winnie the Pooh

ATJ

Life is going amazingly well, but still this all seems so surreal. I was discussing wedding stuff with DD this evening. Her engagement party was last weekend. Hard to imagine that she's not doing this with her mom. In a couple of weeks it will have been three years. Grateful for so much past and present. Trusting in the future, the past has been good. But once again this is all so surreal. What a strange world I find myself in. A wonderful world, but a strange one.

Yup, surreal is the word I use often.  I find myself living my life and starting to have "fun" or happy moments.  And missing him doesn't consume every moment of my life.  I find myself bounding up the stairs or going about my day with a bounce in my step and humming a tune when it will suddenly hit me that he is really gone.  And then I wonder was he real?  I see the pictures, I have the memories, but was it something I imagined? And how can I be living life without him? And how could I have a happy moment without him?  At times it feels surreal.  At times it feels guilty.  How could I laugh, how could I smile, how could I possibly enjoy life without him.  And I realize I need to.  I've made new friends.  I'm trying to figure out this new life of mine.  Is my current life a dream?  Are my memories a dream?  Which part of my life is the "real" life?  Yup, sometimes it just doesn't seem real...