x2

SailorGirl

It happened again.  Less than two years after losing my husband, I have just lost the second most important man in my life.  My best friend/boyfriend Ryan went missing in the marina where our boat was docked on Feb 20.  We had broken up about 6 months prior due to issues with his family; he was living on the boat, but we still talked occasionally.  I was standing in line at the corner grocery store on Saturday when I saw the fire truck and rescue boat racing down my street.  They recovered his body in the water around 1,000 feet from my house, which is roughly 1.5 miles from the marina.  He was 39.  I watched the recovery from my living room window.  Everyone said he came back to me. To top it off, today is my late husband's birthday.  He was a leap day baby, so this is his first 'real' birthday since his passing.    Hy heart hurts so badly.

It gets worse.  I sent his sister a text and asked if it was OK if I attend the memorial service on Thursday.  She wrote back and said "I don't think that would be a good idea.  No."  I know this isn't what he would have wanted, but I will respect their wishes.

I'm sorry.  I don't know what I would do if I were you.  I'm sensing that you need something for you, too.  Is there a wake?  Could you make arrangements for a private time with him present?  Will there be an interment?  How can you remember him, perhaps with other people who knew the two of you together?  Letting go of our dreams is hard.  I don't know if you had hope for getting back together again, but you apparently loved him, even though there were challenges in your relationship and with his family.

Hugs, and keep breathing.

Maureen