On line dating vents and laughs......

momtokam

Hello everyone, had to give my little update in this weird thing we call online dating. 

Did go to a meet and greet awhile back. The guy was 61 years old and extremely nervous (I tend to scare the living “poop” out of guys, not sure why).  He then would text me a million times a day. I swear I was trying to be open to all of this. Then he wanted to get together for coffee at 10:30 at night, sounded to me more like a booty call. Then he offered to drive me around in his truck. Just doesn’t sound exciting to me. So I stopped it, I forgot to mention his parents live with him.

Now chatting with this other guy.  He seems nice, he knows a woman I know who just happens to be a widow. He was their best man at their wedding.  He keeps telling me he's a large man. Technically I am obese as well but pretty damn active I am a little worried that he is morbidly obese.  He has two adopted boys 10 & 13. He told me last night he moved in with his Mom after his father’s passing in December. I have such mixed feelings on this. 

Yep pretty sure first guy was 61. lol

The lady I know works at the same college I do but she is laid off for the summer.  I don't think I can bring up the morbidty obese question.  He husband was and committed suicide because of his depression with it.  I maybe can ask around and see if anyone has her home number. 

I vote for doing coffee NT.  What have you got to lose?

You can always (almost always) have fun with a M&G.  Everybody has some funny stories if you can pull them out.  After that it's up to you if anything more is going to happen.

Good for you NT!

Having fun is job #1 for a M&G.  You did it once you can do it once a week now NT!  ;)

Of course if this one turns into a relationship and is your last M&G that would be OK as well.

pro tip:  Wait a few days to see if he contacts you.  After that it's OK to send him a message that you enjoyed the date and if he'd like to get together again you would like that. 

He already contacted me.  :D

Not sure how Facebook does it but he showed up on my list of people you may know.  Maybe he googled me first? 

Really hopeful on this one that I can get to the second date. Everything that I was looking for seems to be in this man.  He is a very tall man and an overweight but he is willing to at least try some of the activities I like. 

We went for a walk and then sat and watched the waves.  This time I didn't jump out of my skin when he went to hold my hand.  I count that as progress.  He is a very touchy guy always touching my arm or my leg I could get very use to this.

Sorry Virgo :( Any chance of going to a meet and greet or doing a speed dating event, just to see what it's got to offer?

We don't have speed dating available locally as far as I know. I'm ok taking a break, focusing on projects, but it doesn't take away the loneliness.

Hear that for sure. I see speed dating come up on apps like LivingSocial and Groupon these days. If you are interested, you might look there. Other than that, deciding if the loneliness is for companionship of a friend or of something more intimate. If you have left off going to lunch or meeting friends for coffee, it might help if it's the former. Deciding to try out the dating waters is pretty much the only option for the latter I am guessing. No expert for sure. Anyway: {{{hugs!}}}

• 2 weeks later...
Guest oneoftwo

Still lonely. It has been 10 weeks.

Oh, this made me laugh. Still does.

(no disrespect)

It's been nearly 8 years.

Still searching , try new sites, gather up stories for a book I swear I want to write . 😂. However, wouldn't it be fun if we could share some of what we see and deal with in the area we are. For example, would love to share the picture of a guy online , in his tidy whiteys , in his bathroom . Selfie picture in his mirror, but made sure you couldn't see his face. 🤔🙈

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone seen the new Match stories on Match.com ? My subscription ended, and the day after it ended I see now they added match stories where you can add video, etc. I have said that forever , I think if you can see the person and hear them it 1. Would show hopefully that aren't fake and 2. Sometimes people don't show well "written " . So what do you guys think ? Has anyone seen it , or done it ? Of course now I want to re subscribe . Lol

• 2 weeks later...