On line dating vents and laughs......

momtokam

LeadFeather -- no harm in showing her. My mom is a bit older than yours and my dad died almost 23 years ago. Interesting how life changes: when I was a kid we had a neighbor and a woman my mom worked with lived with him. The two never married on paper but were together for ages. The woman died and several years later, my dad died. My mom moved out of the house I grew up in and time went on. The neighbor moved to a town maybe 20 minutes from my mom and they became friends, talking about my dad and my mom's co-worker. Next thing you know, they are a 'thing'. She has her home, he has his. They spend time together and are each other's contact for medical emergencies. It just works. You never know  ;)

And all the best on the biking and the M&G!

arneal's post about re-coupling later in life reminds me of the book Our Souls at Night - has anybody read this?  It's now a movie on Netflix and stars Robert Redford and Jane Fonda.

momtojandj  The guy sounds like a flake, good that you found out sooner rather than later. There are good guys out there, really!

Ugh- one of my "best" first dates last year- guy (who seemed great in his profile) shows up to our date late and stoned. Then I hear a blow by blow play of the break up with his ex-wife who ran off with his friend when he lost all his money in the real estate market and his friend was richer than him. Then he showed me pics of his ex who was dressed in very revealing lingerie and doing "sexy" poses on a bed - and these are pics he kept in his phone. Then I got to hear about how he was going to make even more money than his friend and show her. Then he said he thought we were so comparable and should def go on a 2nd date (to which I politely declined). I can't make this stuff up. Hope it gave a few people a few chuckles...

Went on a first date with a guy last week.  During our lunch he asked me about the size of my late husband's penis  :o

Can't make this stuff up!!!

I hope you said it was huge and you are tight and wouldn't want it any other way......what a jerk!

Mountain biking Saturday turned into a second Mountain biking afternoon on Sunday.  Nothing there but friendship she does not like biking alone I enjoy biking with a companion.

Monday’s lunch date had to cancel 10 minutes after I arrived. Her boss called her as she was driving with an angry client emergency. Was a little bummed but we rescheduled later that night and have a m&g tomorrow.

it Is strange to still be so deeply in love with my LW and dating other women.

Mountain biking Saturday turned into a second Mountain biking afternoon on Sunday.  Nothing there but friendship she does not like biking alone I enjoy biking with a companion.

Monday’s lunch date had to cancel 10 minutes after I arrived. Her boss called her as she was driving with an angry client emergency. Was a little bummed but we rescheduled later that night and have a m&g tomorrow.

it Is strange to still be so deeply in love with my LW and dating other women.

Cycling partners are good.

Strange? No. I'm almost 9 years out and will always be deeply in love with my DH. New guy not only accepts that, but respects it as well.

The strange part isn’t being in love with her. I always will be. The strange part is looking for another great love who is not her.

This is what I struggle with as well.  I still feel married so dating is odd.