Health & Fitness

Virgo

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So three weeks till my first race of the season.  The weather is not cooperating for outdoor bike rides.  UGH! 

This week has been a great training week for me.  I've been struggling with my running the last couple months and finally had a string of runs that are closer to my normal pace AND most importantly felt good. 

All of us have our own fitness journey but learning to celebrate your accomplishments is so important.  It doesn't matter how big or small they are but it does matter that you are out there doing something.

I'm hoping people start posting more.  Seeing what others do is so motivating to me.

This weekend. ..

Friday - 300 abs, chest, triceps, and 40 minutes of cardio

Saturday -legs, shoulders, and 30 minutes of cardio

Sunday -300 abs, back, biceps, and 40 minutes cardio

I leg pressed 545 lbs Saturday. Working my way back up.

Hi Virgo.  It's Laurie - from the other site.  Thanks for recommending this caring group of people.

I wish I could join you in exercise.  Well, I know I could but I feel like I can't.  It amazes me how much I used to love exercise and now, I'm lucky if I have the energy or desire to leave my apartment.

So sorry you are having a terrible week.  I feel the same - well, every week is terrible.  Wishing you, myself and everyone else on here some strength and hope in the coming days.

Hi Virgo.  It's Laurie - from the other site.  Thanks for recommending this caring group of people.

I wish I could join you in exercise.  Well, I know I could but I feel like I can't.  It amazes me how much I used to love exercise and now, I'm lucky if I have the energy or desire to leave my apartment.

So sorry you are having a terrible week.  I feel the same - well, every week is terrible.  Wishing you, myself and everyone else on here some strength and hope in the coming days.

Hi Laurie! I wish you didn't have a reason to seek out this group, but I'm glad you did. I've received a lot of support here. Great group of people!

You'll slowly make your way back to exercise. Be kind to yourself.  Take it one day at a time. Daily ups and downs.

It was a beautiful morning for a long run along the Potomac.  Spotted a bald eagle sitting in it's nest - was so excited to see that even though it was sort of far away.  Ran with a group of friends that always push me to do more than I think I can.

Got back home, made breakfast or maybe it was lunch by then.  Did my strength workout and now I'm trying to find the energy to jump in the shower...

Great thread:

I work a sedentary job and decided after my husband died that I needed to get healthier. He was always so loving to say that I was fine as I am, but I have been overweight my entire life. I joined a six-week boot camp at a local gym and have made it through two weeks. I weigh in again on Monday but lost six pounds last week on my way to 20 total.

Less than 3 months to go before my big race.  Today I rode 70 miles.  THis is huge for me.  I'm relatively new cyclist and this was 25 miles further than I have ever gone.  The last 15 or so miles was painful but I pushed through.  It wasn't fast by any means but I did it!  Hurting girl tonight. Tomorrow's run is probably not going to be fun.  I still have a long way to go to be race ready but it is so fun doing more than I ever thought possible.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That's one good thing about living in the desert -- I just work out early in the morning before it gets hot. I made it through my 6 week challenge and lost 20lb. I'm now a regular member at the gym so I can continue my strength training and toning. So glad I did it!

• 1 month later...

It's been awhile since anyone has posted on this thread. How's everyone doing?

I've been very lucky with my training...cooler than normal weather has made long runs and long rides so much more enjoyable.  Today's workout was a 30 mile bike ride and a 6 mile run.  Lucky enough to have friends join me which always makes it so much easier.  then home to eat, shower and nap.  I've decided that naps should be a required part of any workout

I'm still fairly consistent with working out 6 days a week. This week being the exception.  We were on vacation at the beginning of the week, which was a great cardio workout, and the rest of the week my girls guilt me about working out. It's definitely more challenging in the summer.

I have been consistent with my five days per week; I am taking today off as my gym will only have three morning times and I bet it will be packed. I lost 20 pounds during the six-week boot camp and became a regular member. I will start personal training twice per week tomorrow for the month of July to work on my non-existent abs lol. So, three days will be the regular workout and two will be elite individual training. Wish me luck!

A few years back I was doing so well with losing weight and fitness and I just let things kind of go in that area.  Then because of taking on too much on at work and too much sitting I put on the pounds. 

For the last few months I have been slowly getting back on track.  I am entered in a mud race at the end of August so I thought it was time to step it up.  I am back exercising twice a day, my muscles are sore but one thing I noticed this time around is I am much better at exercising.  I don't have that limiting belief that I can't do it because I know I have done it in the past. 

I have done more work on myself and really feel that I have dealt with my mental weight issues and now ready to find out and meet my better physical being. 

Wow, a little too deep for a Wednesday.