Health & Fitness

Virgo

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The gym is my therapy! I can definitely tell a shift in my tolerance for the daily shenanigans when I haven't done my daily workout. I'm not only getting fit, but I'm a better mom too.

Right now haven't hit the "gym" part still sticking to exercise classes, jogging and other assorted things.  Yesterday did pilates and zumba and today I am doing boot camp and pole dancing.  Loving the pole dancing it is really helping with that "fear" factor and it is just so much fun. 

I am sore but I am feeling good.  I am not starving and I am sleeping so well at night.  My head hits the pillow and I am out. 

• 2 weeks later...

Weigh in was on Monday and I am down 8 lbs, yippee.  Thought I would step it up a little this week.  Wednesday and Thursday did 3 hours of exercise classes.  OMG I am in so much pain, completely drained and very moody.  Taking a break today.

Hope everyone is doing well.

One Fit Widow posted a Quote ... Get fit in the gym, and lose weight in the kitchen.  Truth!

I am sticking to 6 days working out,  1 rest day.  Last night was chest, triceps, cardio, and abs.

This week was challenging due to a calf strain.  Substituted deep water running for my normal runs.  Will be testing it out tomorrow.  Hopefully it goes well.  Other than that planning & making my packing lists for Lake Placid.  My first Ironman is only 8 days away...I can't believe it is almost here!

Very true Virgo.  I switched from one diet place to Weight watchers.  Weigh in day was yesterday and only lost 0.5 lbs.  Now that is discouragement. 

Wow ManutesGirl an ironman that is fantastic, my goal is just to able to finish my mud race.

I have no idea what I weigh. I don't own a scale. I take measurements to track my loss. Weighing doesn't work for me. It fluctuates to much. I have a goal waist measurement. Before Phil was diagnosed I was 3" from my goal. When I started working out regularly I was 12" from my goal, ugh. Now I'm 6" from my goal.  I wore gym shorts today that were to tight before. They fit comfortably.

I bumped up my cardio days to 90 minutes instead of 60.

The last diet place I was going to wanted me to weigh in three times a week.  I hated that, because my weight does fluctuate during the day (I think everyone's weight fluctuates). 

I tried not to put too much on the weight thing but lets face it, it does feel good to see it go down.  Weigh in was yesterday down 3 lbs. Don't think I will match Arneal's 20 lbs weight loss in 6 weeks but I will do my best to try.

• 5 months later...

Yes, cutting out the bread and sugar again. Also no more eating past five. In the past that simple anticancer diet brought me from 220 to 162. After my divorce in june I quit caring and was 215 by Christmas. Down to 205 already. Feel the best around 175. Keep it up!