MIL.... sigh

Jess

So, today is my one year and I was going to work on a post with reflections of my experience today. Then I got sidetracked with laughter. My MIL posted a comment to a picture I had posted commemorating the day. Her posts are often riddled with typos and difficult to understand, but this one is just... wow. Her grammar is pretty good for her, but her recognition of auto-correct changing my name? Not so much.

If my mother tried to type something on a computer (she adamantly refuses to touch one and since she's 83 we don't argue) it would look very much like that.  "Mess" or not, I got a warm feeling that she knew how important you were to your DH - and it made me smile.  (Autocorrect is not always your friend!)

BTW, in my part of the world usually if you say somebody's "such a mess" with a smile and a little headshake, that's a quirky complement!

Haaa, that is really funny and cute. She definitely cares about you; that's obvious and heartwarming. She starts out okay for the most part, but then it goes downhill from there! Kind of reminds me of  a birthday card I remember, where the writer is having a drink or two in honor of the recipient's birthday, but the writing and grammar quickly disintegrate as he continues  to express his birthday wishes while imbibing!

((((Jess))))

Many hugs go out to you today. I'm glad you were able to see the humor on your MIL's lack of proofreading. :o It is obvious that she cared deeply for your husband and for you and what you brought to his life. You made him happy and that is always nice to hear, no matter how many typos there are in her message and how bittersweet it feels.

Ginger

Guest mawidow

Sighsighsighsigh. People are so consistently themselves :).

sending you such big support today. You're quite graceful under pressure.

Well, at least she got it right on the first reference. Oh well. They say "It's the thought that counts." Take it for what it's worth. The sentiment was very nice :)

And, well, frankly, speaking for myself, we wids are a mess... so, there is a speck of truth to that... ;)

HUGS, Mess!

Donna