Do you think Trump will be the next President ?

Guest sunshinedaydreamz

Guest sunshinedaydreamz

I know a bit OT but just curious. On issues of whether he is using his financial power, or is he actually qualifified ?

Well if nothing it was interesting ?

Guest TooSoon

I don't know but I am torn as to who had the better line.  Was it Mike Huckabee saying pimps and prostitutes will save social security or was it Scott Walker's, "When you find mush, you push."?

Guest sunshinedaydreamz

Or Governor Christie constantly saying

"You know what...... I'm the only one up here who.....

I'm voting for Arnold S.

No. I don't think Trump will be the next President.  Don't know who the nominee with be for GOP.  BUT the winner in my opinion of the debates was Carly Fiorina.  She was on the 5 o'clock debate.  I'm sure there is a lot of researching this former HP CEO going on today.  Could be our Margaret Thatcher.  Refreshing, bright, articulate, and not a politics as usual woman. 

Leaders should be servants, and self-serving does not count here and the fact that this guy is even a serious candidate is terrifying from my Scottish perspective.

Could be our Margaret Thatcher.  Refreshing, bright, articulate, and not a politics as usual woman.

She was a horrible, manipulative bitch who lowered the glass ceiling for women to succeed here for decades because she left a culture that believed that all successful women were the same. I grew up in a coal mining town during the miners strike she orchestrated and there are very few people hated as much. About as refreshing to many here as a prolonged swim in an ice bath ... with piranhas .... and no towel when you get out.

Oh my Helen.  My knowledge of Margaret Thatcher is limited.  Guess I made a bad comparison.  Carly Fiorina was impressive in the debate but ability to govern is an unknown to me.  I'm embarrassed that I made the comparison but will certainly do some research on the real "Iron Lady". 

Oh my Helen.  My knowledge of Margaret Thatcher is limited.  Guess I made a bad comparison.  Carly Fiorina was impressive in the debate but ability to govern is an unknown to me.  I'm embarrassed that I made the comparison but will certainly do some research on the real "Iron Lady".

You will likely find as many good attributes as bad in your research. No embarrassment is necessary.

On issues of whether he is using his financial power, or is he actually qualifified ?

I think Trump disqualifies himself every time he opens his mouth.  And that's all I'm gonna say about that! :-)

Take care,

Rob T

I hope not!!  However the list of people I would actually vote for is getting smaller by the minute and it's only the beginning.  It's going to be a long election season and I'm sure by the time I get to vote I'll be plugging my nose and wishing there was a candidate who didn't make me heave. 

I think Trump disqualifies himself every time he opens his mouth.  And that's all I'm gonna say about that! :-)

Take care,

Rob T

Thanks, I feel uncomfortable commenting on US politics despite the HUGE impact it has on us up here (it ain't easy having the US for neighboUrs...) but please please please leave this insufferable bore on reality TV where he belongs... America will surely be hovering over the abyss on one tippy toe if they elect this buffoon as POTUS.

Guest TooSoon

It is no secret that I won't vote for any of them (Feel the Bern!), but I was, as a spectator with no horse in this race, impressed with the guy from Ohio who everyone seems to be writing off. 

You might want to do some actual research on Carly Fiorina.  She is one of those anti-government hacks the Republicans love (unless they are Republican governors or senators) and has run several failed campaigns to work for the government as senator or governor of California.  As someone running on a "the U.S. is a business" platform, she has as her stock in trade, her experience as CEO of Hewlett Packard.  Where she made a terrible 19 billion dollar gamble that didn't work, and axed 30,000 jobs.  So she's not so well thought of in the business sector.

And on issues like healthcare, a woman's right to choose, marriage equality, education, her views are somewhat archaic.

As for the OP's original question about Donald Trump:  no, he won't be President.  He's not even qualified to work in the gift shop at the White House.  Every time he opens his mouth, stupid falls out.

You will likely find as many good attributes as bad in your research. No embarrassment is necessary.

Yes, being neither a Brit nor a Yank, I'm unqualified to comment except to say that watching British TV right through Thatcher's time you'd think the whole UK loathed her - I guess the luvvies did among others so that was the impression given - but she was voted in three times I believe, which doesn't say much for the opposition, and indicates that maybe a lot of people had had a gutsful of what the UK was like before and the Winter of Discontent that immediately preceded her election?

As for Trump, well if he made it to president, it is not just the US that's doomed but the whole bloody planet! The man is a complete arsewipe.

I'm with TooSoon. I won't be voting for any of the candidates from the debates the other night. (I too am feeling the Bern).

I'm completely flummoxed by Trump's popularity. He is a misogynistic dinosaur who has no intention of engaging in any kind of diplomacy in order to seek successful solutions to problems. Because in his mind, he has all the answers. That is dangerous. The idea of this megalomaniac in power of the U.S. is terrifying to me and I can only hope he burns out fast and furious.

Otherwise, can I move to Canada...please?