Dammit! Pru has bone cancer

MissingSquish

As some of my Facebook wid friends know, Pru was just diagnosed with aggressive bone cancer in her shoulder this morning. We have an appointment with a veterinary oncologist on Wednesday, so I'll get more information on what can be done to help (pain relieving or palliative, because it can't be cured).

She launched herself off the bed this morning, and re-injured her shoulder more to the point that she isn't weight bearing at all on the leg.  The vet gave her a fentanyl patch to relieve some pain and she's a bit sleepy and not wanting to move much. 

Totally torn up about this. Her prognosis is not very good, as it's already metastatic and in her chest. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

Oh, hugs, HUGS!!! My sweet husky, Cammie, had the same thing... bless his heart, he stayed positive to the very end. (Isn't it weird that you can tell when a dog is being positive?) He was the best dog ever, and I still miss him, 12 years later.

I'm so sorry you and Pru are going through this. Good thoughts and strength to you both.

I'm so sorry. I have two older dogs, both of which have health issues. It is so hard when they become ill and we know we have limited time.

I hope they are able to keep her comfortable and hopefully manage the cancer to give her and you more quality time.

Oh, I'm so very sorry! You and Pru are definitely in my prayers.  Those sweet fur babies are such a bundle of joy and unconditional love that when they are ready to leave us, it's such a tremendous loss.  (((Big hugs!)))