The best out of the blue thing my spouse did for me was ..

Momtojandj

Thought of  this today .. Two things

1. Kids were asleep, I was doing a puzzle , it was late and I said darn I could really go for diner fries ( it's a jersey thing lol) . He got up and went and got me some .

2. I had been sick ,and not eating .. The only thing I could even think of trying was McDonald's yogurt parfait. He went to a few McDonald's and got me 10. (They were small and cheap) so I would be able to eat something.

Geez I miss him .

That's really sweet.

My husband spoiled me with jewelry from the very beginning. The first piece he gave me was for my birthday just two months after we started dating. He liked to just surprise me by saying we were going out for dinner. Then he would pull into the jewelry store parking lot and say, "your choice."

He found me. He tracked me down with one of those online PI services. It took him 15 years to find me, but he did-- and when he did, he committed everything he had to us and our life together. Left his lifelong home to move to another state and be insta-Dad to three kids, all because he loved me, and had done since he was 11 years old.

I was so lucky. Please may I never forget that, and may I never take someone's love for granted. If I'm alone for the rest of my life... I had that. He moved the stars to be with me. I miss him so much.

I don't know if I would call this the best out of the blue thing he did but this is the memory that came to mind when I read this post.

One day he was off work because it was raining so he drove his grandma around to run her errands. He called me and we talked for a while on my lunch break but he didn't mention that he was anywhere near my job. That evening when I got off work and went to get in my car, I found a rose propped up against the steering wheel and the sweetest card laying in my seat. He was a hallmark man. He was always putting the sweetest cards in the most random places at the most random times. He could find the best cards, ones that really expressed how he was feeling and who we were. I miss him.

My Dad died in 2008 in early December after a 3 month battle with cancer.  My parents lived 2 1/2 hours away and I was back and forth a lot during those 3 months and stayed there the last few weeks to help care for him, not returning home until after the funeral.  After a long drive and an emotional few weeks, I walked into our house to find it completely decorated for Christmas!  Now I go crazy(or did) with Christmas decorations so this was no easy job for him and our 3 young boys but they did it before driving down for the funeral because he knew I wouldn't have the time or energy to do it and how upset I would be without my house decorated. 

Later after DH died, when people were asking what they could do to help, I thought of this often.  I never would've asked DH to do that, probably never would've thought of it in my grief over my Dad, but he just knew it was what I needed and did it.  Thats love.

The first out of the blue thing he did, we weren't even married.  I lived in Fort Worth Texas when I met him on the phone.  He lived here in my hometown and was the roommate of one of my friends.  We talked for many weeks on the phone racking up some outrageous phone bills.  Long story short he wanted to meet in person and asked me to meet him halfway, in Tuscaloosa Alabama.  I had a 4 year old child and was 24 at the time.  I really wanted to meet him but the whole idea made me nervous. We kept talking about it, and one night just being silly I told him if he would go get my dad's permission first I'd be glad to meet him. A few days after that, my mom called me and said there was someone at her house that wanted to talk to me.  She handed the phone off and Chad came on the line!! He had gone over there and met my dad (can you even imagine, because he hadn't even seen ME yet?) and talked to both of them and they actually said they'd be ok with me meeting him.  I was floored. This was before cell phones and email and texting , I didn't even own a cell phone.  Neither did he.  We had no idea what the other looked like. I still have the picture my mom took of him that day on their patio, him with the phone up to his ear talking to me, smiling :)  I just thought that was pretty amazing. 

My DH spoiled me rotten :) There are too many to list. He used to love to surprise me with trips. I use to wake up with him telling me we had to leave for the airport in a few hours to head on a trip to washington d.c., seattle, new orleans, etc. After I had been dating him for about a month or so, I came home from work (we moved in together almost immediately) to find him next to a huge bouquet of flowers and he proceeded to recite a list of all the things he loved about me. I am so sad I can't find the list anymore the only thing I remember is that one of the reasons was the fact that I ate like a wolverine  :-\ .

one of the best out of the blue things Don did was ...I went away to the cape for a long weekend

when I got home he had built a shed , out of the blue , I had no clue he was going to do it

He built the shed , to clear the garage to start the renovation of our house ...yes that right there is Man logic !

and I loved it t was the perfect way to show he loved me and our home and he got to use power tools :)

But on several occasions he had rooms painted for me while i was away on business, what a great surprise.

This just brought back a memory I had forgotten about.  When DH picked me up at the airport after a trip out west to visit family, I noticed he looked a little disheveled.  I found out why when I got home...he had been up almost all night repainting the bedroom, something that I had been wanting to do for a long time. 

He had also moved the on/off switch for the garbage disposal to directly under the sink.  It was in a spot on the wall that I always had a hard time reaching, being a short person with short arms.  I guess he got tired of me grumbling and swearing every time I had to stretch to turn it on.  I think of him every time I use it to this day. 

Thanks for reminding me of all this...