Another good report

Wheelerswife

Back story for those who don't know...12 days after my second husband died I started having medical issues and 4 weeks later I had major surgery.  Among some routine expectations, I was found to have a rare and aggressive cancer, called leiomyosarcoma.  Fortunately, it was caught in Stage 1, but growing fast.  This cancer is chemo-resistive, and research shows that chemo doesn't impact recurrence of cancer or life expectancy in Stage 1 cancer....which for me was less than 50% chance of surviving 5 years.  Recurrences are common and to be expected.  Fortunately, I have only been under close surveillance with repeat CT scans since my surgery.  It seems I'm ahead of the odds, but today, over 19 months since surgery, there is no detectable cancer. I'm home from Houston, ready to put cancer out of my mind until after the winter holidays, when I go back again for more scans.  My oncologist is optimistic. Sigh.

Maureen

Maureen -

I have been thinking of you as it has been awhile since your last scans. I'm sorry that I was away from boards, but I am really glad that the news was good. I hope you went out and celebrated.

|+|  M a r k  |+|