Sex Appeal?????

mmg19

Frequently I hear this comment ? He is so sexy? and then proceed with an explanation.  Most of which are reminiscent of high school, college, before marriage remarks.  My NG is the epitome of sexy to me and just wanted to share what appeals to me.

1.He can stand at sink washing the pots and pans and be comfortable discussing a business transaction that was particularly challenging that week.

2.He knows how to set a table and prepare a seafood dinner from scratch.

3.He respects, appreciates, and compliments my parenting and work ethic.

4.He genuinely enjoys his parents, my parents, and yet is extremely his own person.

5.His integrity, honesty, and values match what I want my boys to see in a male role model.

Since we both loss our spouses within months of each other and started out as friends with a common bond, we have moved slowly without expectations of intimacy or commitment.  We were introduced by mutual friends(widow 12 months at that time) and neither of us were ready to date or be in a relationship.  It's been 9 months since we have become exclusive friends and we are talking about more than the friend zone. It will be 2 years for both of us soon.  Don't know where this will lead but I do know that this man has sex appeal.    This probably will not make sense to those of you much younger but I am 46 and NG is 55. 

I think my NG has sex appeal. It's not all visual. Sexy can very well be defined by the type of things you mentioned in your post.

I told my guy about one incident that I observed that I guess as you said added to his sex appeal. We were biking together I was leading the way when I suddenly realized he wasn't following.I looked back a ways and saw his bike  at the side of  road. Then I saw him. He was helping an older lady start her lawn mower. Apprently a good samaritan is sexy because I was very attracted to him in that moment.

Thank you klim, Trying, and Virgo for the responses.  I think I'm going to like moving from friend zone to the courting zone.  Flowers were delivered when I got in from school last night.  My boys were excited about the flowers and said " I think he likes you more than a friend". 

Makes sense to me, and yeah, I'm well established into middle-age! I'm not at any point where I could say I wanted a new relationship, but should I get there, I hope there'll be guys who see things this way too! ( I don't consider myself old, I'ma "vintage" model, with rich patina!)    ;D

Ah, sojourner, I really like what you said.  At this stage in my life I view life as too long to accept instant gratification.  If I am fortunate enough to have 40 more years, I want it to be the partnership that endures as we share the golden years. 

Definitely now officially NG and moved out of the friend zone.  He joined my family in church today.  Another appealing quality that I did not know became apparent.  Great baritone voice.  We went to lunch with some of my friends after church and it felt good.  Slow and easy but in a forward mode. 

Congrats!  I love what you said about sex appeal.

That sex appeal thing can be sort of intangible at times. I would never look at my NG on the street and think..."he's hot!"  What first appealed to me about him was the "guy's guy" image I saw in him.  He has a very physical and dangerous job working on high voltage lines. He is a real fix it guy, too. Home repairs are a breeze for him and so is car stuff. I find the manly stuff so appealing  (MIke Rowe ya know!).  Also, the fact that he grew up without a dad ( Dad bailed when he was one never to be heard from again.) and is still the amazing and normal guy he is, makes me admire him all the more. But yet, even with this tough guy stuff, he is a softie. He is an awesome dad to his two kids and wonderful to my kids. He loves animals ( my dog worships him!).  He brings me flowers and little surprises. He helps me in the kitchen, does dishes, cooks, and does a mean load of laundry.

It's purdy cool. His ex-wife was a fool.

Guest TheOtherHalf

Your post made me think about the difference between good sexy and evil sexy. For example, I know what it is to look at a man whom I respect and admire, and he just happens to be standing at the kitchen sink, and I marvel(ed) at how lucky I was that he was mine. Then soon I start thinking of what I might like to be doing later. It is like getting turned on by all things wholesome and good, and finding safety, refuge, and a direction forward with that. It is life affirming. It affirms me and my own values as good.

Then there is the really evil kind, like my continuous propensity to get really really  hot for really evil men. Excuse me, I need to take a cold shower now.

It is wonderful what you have and I am so glad you found it. I cannot think of a better way to go forward. Bon chance!

This Other Half ...."It is like getting turned on by all things wholesome and good, and finding safety, refuge, and a direction forward with that. It is life affirming. It affirms me and my own values as good."

I don't know how to use quote function but wanted to repeat this.  Exactly how I feel.  Thanks for putting it into words.

• 2 weeks later...