Helpful

ssdad

Just wanted to write and say thanks for everyone who contributes to posts. It's comforting and helpful to read things from others who are going through similar sadness. It's been 11 weeks today since my husband died in a plane crash. He was 53. I am going through the waves and roller coasters of emotions and numbness and grief and shock at varying times. I am pretty good at putting on my game face when I am at my HS teaching, but it's anyone's guess when the wailing will start if I am driving or home alone (no kids and almost 21 years married). Glad I found this site.

ssdad,

I'm glad you found us, too.  I'm sorry you had to join our club.  It seems that you are muddling through the early months...which is sometimes all we can manage to do.  Sudden loss is such a shock and it is hard to really wrap our heads around it.  Keep coming here, reading, posting, expressing whatever it is you need to express.

Hugs,

Maureen

Hi ssdad, I am glad you are finding this community you are now a part of helpful. It has helped me a lot in feeling not so alone in this journey. No one can know my particular brand of pain, but having people that can relate is such a gift in a time when everything was taken away. Keep posting and sharing. We're all in this together.