New Design for Widda.org!

Lewis

Hi Everyone! Be on the lookout for a new design to the Widda.org website. The new look will be applied to everyone as there is nothing that is needed to be done to view it. Final testing is being done and I expect the new design to be activated by Sunday evening (3-13-16).

Lewis

Be on the lookout for a new design to the Widda.org website.

Looks good, but ... there was a great "new unread messages" link front and center before, and it's gone now :-(  That has been almost the only way I have used the site for months now.  Help?

Take care,

Rob T

Hi Lewis!  Just checking in to say I like the re-design, easier on the eyes.  A minor thing - if it's possible to separate the home and help buttons a bit more in the read-only (non-logged in view, it would make mobile use a little easier.  Thank you for everything!  CG

Hi CG,

I will check to see if this is an option. I am working on a mobile version of the site to help mobile users. It is not on the immediate future but down the road a bit. Also, the software company that created the forum software is promising a mobile friendly version that is currently in beta testing. They have not set a release date, but that will help out a bunch when it is ready.

In the mean time there is a not-so-pretty mobile version that you can access by clicking the "Mobile" link at the top right of the page. I'll check on the theme layout to see if your request is possible.

Lewis

Guest TooSoon

Is the "most recent posts" link gone?  Or am I missing something?  Could easily be with amount of allergy medicine I took this morning....Thanks, Lewis - it looks fab!

Oh No Lewis,  can everyone spell exceppt me? :-[ 

Maureen got her  " Likes",,  but no  "Spell Checks" left in the bag?

Ugggg,  seriously,  I have to get the Big Webster out in this computer age? ::)

I know there is a fix somewhere.

Thanks,  Jeff1973

Oh No Lewis,  can everyone spell exceppt me? :-[ 

Maureen got her  " Likes",,  but no  "Spell Checks" left in the bag?

Ugggg,  seriously,  I have to get the Big Webster out in this computer age? ::)

I know there is a fix somewhere.

Thanks,  Jeff1973

Ha, sorry Jeff! There is a fix but I have been sidetracked as it requires a bit more attention than I have been able to give it. I'll have time this weekend to tackle it. :)

The new forum layout is a nice looking layout ..

Question:

Am I missing something,or is there a area I could find :

"Latest post/activity", which always helped me navigation wise?

Lastly, Are there options for changing the forum back to black, the stark white is really tough on the eyes,especially if anyone has light sensitivity (like me).

Please don't take me Wrong the layout is pretty, I just wish I could solve those 2 issues.

Any ideas/help?

Guest k3songs

Another one here who is having a hard time with the light background.  I'm finding it very hard to see.  Is there a way to change it back to the black for those who need it?  Thanks!

Same here Lewis..

At first I didn't like the black back ground but I came to like it.

I'm typing till late at night and I think the black back ground is easier on my eyes.

I think the black background makes it easier to go to sleep when I'm done typing too.

Ya know, it's that Melatonin brain sleep thing. ::)

Thanks for all you do,  it's an excellent format all in all. :) :) 

jeff1973 

Hi everyone, and thank you for your feedback regarding the new theme for the site. Lewis switched us to using a single theme because it makes administration much easier; having two selectable themes increases the layout work that has to be done and then maintained.

For those of us who use Windows, I have found that the program f.lux helps greatly with issues assocaited with using a bright screen at night. You install it, input your location, and it will gradually change the color of your screen after the sun sets to reduce the brightness and blue values associated with keeping us at night (maybe this will help you, Jeff!). It seems weird for about three days, then you will wonder how you lived without it. It came downloaded for free here:

https://justgetflux.com/

• 9 months later...