OMG Got the call for Lungs!

BrokenHeart2

My niece called me on the way to the hospital.  They got the call.  I asked her how she is feeling about it and she said finally!  I feel like I've been kicked in the gut.  I want to be optimistic but after what I've been through my optimism has taken a shit kicking.

For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about.  My 21 yr old niece has CF and is now on her way for a double lung transplant. 

All your prayers are welcome and needed!

Thank you all and yes Trying "for her surgical staff and for the family who made the decision to give the gift of life during their darkest hour." thank you for this!

We have all been so aware what will happen for my niece to get her life prolonged. It has pained us all knowing and we pray the family finds a tad bit of comfort knowing what they are giving.  I think we have all been there. 

No words.

Oh, BH2, wish I could reach through my screen and give you a tight hug!! I'm so relieved the call has finally come. It can feel wrong in a way to be happy for this opportunity for your niece since it comes as a result of a tragedy of another person. The important thing to remember is that the tragedy didn't happen because of your niece. Rather it just happened and the donor or their family wanted there to be some chance for the gift of life for someone else to lessen the tragedy for another.

I'm hoping all goes well and sending much love to you, all your family, and to the donor's family as well.

Yes SVS thank you, I just need him right now so much. I need him to here with me and hold me in his big bear hug to ensure me it's going to ok the way he always did.

I know its not about me right now but I need him so much.

Testing is happening right now to see if it's a match, that's not sure yet, it could be many more hrs. If it's not that will be very disappointing.  If it a go, yay. Time will tell.

UPDATE!!!

Thank you everyone for you prayers.  They are being heard!! Approximately 1 hr ago my sister (Mom) updated all of us in the group created on FB.  Instead of me telling I will copy her post here for you to read!!!

Wow! Kathleen is still in surgery but the surgeon came out to tell us everything went as well beautifully. She was a star patient!! Very strong and stable throughout the day. No blood transfusion needed and she's already doing the work of breathing with her new lungs, although obviously still heavily sedated. They are working on closing her up now. It will be another hour or so before we get to go see her. He expects her to be awake this evening~quite drugged!!  Thanks for all your prayers and support. Don't stop now~ there are many complications that can occur over the next few days that they will be monitoring closely. But just WOW!!! Kathleen has new pinkies!!!

This is surreal!

For the first time in Kathleen's life she will be able to breathe with no CF in her lungs!! And she will never have CF in her new lungs!!

Keep the prayers coming, she's not out of the woods yet!!

I am so glad to hear that everything is going good! My wife was a double lung donor to an awesome lady who had CF. The recipient survived and has since been married and lives a happy life! I have been in contact and even visited her and her family. We are even fb friends! Such a rewarding gift of life. I will continue to pray for healing for Kathleen!