OMG Got the call for Lungs!

BrokenHeart2

Just seeing this. Sending tight (((HUGS))) -- I remember sitting in a waiting room when my Dad needed surgery (several months after DH's death). It was torturous, because I did not have Mick with me. I hope all the prayers and the support from your friends and family carried you through. How is your niece doing?

Thank you Everyone!

Lewis, thank you!  Hard to type through the tears. 

Kathleens breathing tube was removed this morning and for the first time in her short life of 21 yrs, she is getting 100% O2!! She commented about breathing without crackling!! My sister posted a picture of her sitting in a chair less that 24 hrs after her surgery! Truly a miracle to see!

Keep the prayers coming!

Hugs.

She is indeed beautiful, BH2. How great that they're able to have her up sitting. And no oxygen? Wonderful. Keeping those positive thoughts going out to her. Thank you for letting us know how she's doing. It is nice to hear good news.

Hugs...

Thanks for asking SVS.  My niece is a true warrior.  She is progressing amazingly!! Each day she doubles her distance walking in spite of the pain. Unbelievable!  She is amazing the hospital staff with her progress.  Last night my sister sent me a face closeup pic of Kathleen with her eyes all wide and her mouth twisted with a caption at the bottom:

"I contain recycled organs" with 2 emoticons a strong arm and the recycle symbol. 

I couldn't stop laughing.  Kathleen is even texting me now too. 

Sis told me that her joy of getting new lungs seems to be overshadowing her pain.

This is still all so surreal.

Keep the prayers coming!!

Thanks everyone!