You might have "Widda Brain" if....

lcoxwell

You know you have widow brain when you start filling your sink full of hot water for dishes and the phone rings and you forget said water running and wander off to another room while talking on the phone. You end the conversation and hear a really strange noise coming from the kitchen and it dawns on you and now you have a lake in your kitchen!

You go out to start your car in the winter because you want it warmed before you leave and then you decide not to go and you forget your car is still running for like 4 hours! Been there , done that.

I am a big list writer but always manage to forget the lists! I should just give that up completely!

All of these things on this thread I have probably done at least once maybe more. I hope this condition improves!

Cyndi

You might have widow brain if.... You wake up groggy because you hear something that sounds like the garbage truck is on the next street over. But yet you think, nawwww tomorrow's garbage day and I must put it out because the can is full. So you roll over and look at your phone and it says that today is Wednesday... you know... YOUR GARBAGE DAY! So you scream "Holy F" and start racing around the house for some assemblance of clothes. Your wonderful daughter wakes up and rushes with you because she wants to help. We end up outside in the freezing cold morning wearing our stylish outfits that screams "ode to homeless/trailer trash/hangover", struggling together to move the trash can around the car. We get it on the curb just in time for the garbage man to see us in our complete glory in our stylish clothes, un-brushed bedhead hair, and miss matched shoes. Yep we must of looked really hot.

You might have widow brain if later the same day as mentioned above you drive near where your daughter has her guitar lessons and think, "I have to take daughter there tomorrow for her Wednesday lesson." Then of course TODAY is Wednesday and her lesson was 90 minutes ago.

You might have widow brain if.... You wake up groggy because you hear something that sounds like the garbage truck is on the next street over. But yet you think, nawwww tomorrow's garbage day and I must put it out because the can is full. So you roll over and look at your phone and it says that today is Wednesday... you know... YOUR GARBAGE DAY! So you scream "Holy F" and start racing around the house for some assemblance of clothes. Your wonderful daughter wakes up and rushes with you because she wants to help. We end up outside in the freezing cold morning wearing our stylish outfits that screams "ode to homeless/trailer trash/hangover", struggling together to move the trash can around the car. We get it on the curb just in time for the garbage man to see us in our complete glory in our stylish clothes, un-brushed bedhead hair, and miss matched shoes. Yep we must of looked really hot.

This is hysterical!  I have a wonderful mental picture of you, your daughter, your "ode to homeless/trailer trash/hangover" clothes, and all your shining glory, trying to beat the garbage truck.  I've made that mad dash, a time or two, myself, thanks to my own "Widda brain".  The last time I did, I went out with unbrushed hair, no shoes, skimpy pajamas, and NO BRA! I made it with seconds to spare, but I am pretty sure the garbage man got a clear view of my "bodacious ta-tas" (as my sister would say). I was mortified, but he at least grinned and waved. Of course, I don't know if he was grinning, because I looked so ridiculous, or because he liked my boobs.  ;D

This is hysterical!  I have a wonderful mental picture of you, your daughter, your "ode to homeless/trailer trash/hangover" clothes, and all your shining glory, trying to beat the garbage truck.  I've made that mad dash, a time or two, myself, thanks to my own "Widda brain".  The last time I did, I went out with unbrushed hair, no shoes, skimpy pajamas, and NO BRA! I made it with seconds to spare, but I am pretty sure the garbage man got a clear view of my "bodacious ta-tas" (as my sister would say). I was mortified, but he at least grinned and waved. Of course, I don't know if he was grinning, because I looked so ridiculous, or because he liked my boobs.  ;D

Well in true trailer trash glory I didn't have a bra either. I miss the bodacious ta-tas days but after nursing 2 babies and being over 40 I am afraid the garbage man left singing, "Swing low sweet chariot....."

I backed up and crashed into my garage door the other morning. Not sure if I can even call this a widda brain moment, since it requires no brain cells. I do it by rote. Every day. For years

Get in car.

Press door button

Put key in ignition. Turn.

Put car in reverse.

Back out.

How did I screw up a simple sequence? More baffling since my car now has a back- up camera with alarm. Widda brain?  Yeah, let's go with that.

You can feel a migraine coming on, you discuss taking medication with New Guy, then ten minutes later your New Guy has to remind you to take the meds, when he notices you rubbing your temples; because even though the pain was there, and you had had a conversation about it, you still forgot to take said medications.

you rent red box movie, you think that you rented two. You only have one in your hand after walking into the grocery store to get food for dinner. It dawns on you that you should have two movies. You go back outside to the machine and there is nothing in the dispenser slot. You rent the movie you are missing, thinking to yourself that you are going to have to pay for the other movie because someone has stolen it..

You check you receipt and find that you really only rented one at a time..

An elderly Florida lady did her shopping and, upon returning to her car, found four males in the act of leaving with her vehicle.

She dropped her shopping bags and drew her handgun, proceeding to scream at the top of her lungs, ?I have a gun, and I know how to use it!  Get out of the car!?

The four men didn?t wait for a second threat.  They got out and ran like mad.

The lady, somewhat shaken, then proceeded to load her shopping bags into the back of the car and got into the driver?s seat.  She was so shaken that she could not get her key into the ignition. 

She tried and tried, and then she realized why.  It was for the same reason she had wondered why there was a football, a Frisbee and two 12-packs of beer in the front seat. 

A few minutes later, she found her own car parked four or five spaces farther down.

She loaded her bags into the car and drove to the police station to report her mistake.

The sergeant to whom she told the story couldn?t stop laughing.

He pointed to the other end of the counter, where four pale men were reporting a car jacking by a mad, elderly woman described as white, less than five feet tall, glasses, curly white hair, and carrying a large handgun.

No charges were filed.

The moral of the story?  If you?re going to have a widda moment? make it memorable!

if you took a test 2 years ago then now you take the same test and score way lower.

if you are asked a simple math problem and just stare like you never heard of such a thing in your life(I must have looked so dumb).

if you consistently forgot names, people, important things that before you would have never struggled for the word before. 

you can only focus on one thing at a time. 

will not do things just because it hurts so much, even if the consequences hurt as well.

It?s a sunny day and the new neighbors across the street are out working in their yard. This seems like a good time to meet them, so you walk over and introduce yourself. They respond with their names and say that you have met and talked before. There was one time that you and DW took care of their cat when they went out of town. Turns out they have lived there for a couple years.

You have managed to stub your toe on various objects in the house, that are in the exact same location they have been in for the last several years, not once, not twice, not even three times, but FOUR TIMES IN TWO DAYS. My toe is now bruised, and it hurts, when I walk.  :-\

• 3 months later...

This is clearly widda brain fodder, should or could be in a confession thread and clearly a bad parent thing...so I'll fess up here...

My kids are all away for the week, the two oldest driving from RI to VA.  I am finally catching up on paperwork last night and what do I find?  The letter from DMV telling me to renew my registration...in JUNE...for which car? Oh, the one that has four teenagers driving into the south with New England licence plates!

The registration is now renewed, thank goodness for online registration and a copy of the receipt has been emailed to my son's smart phone.  Only technology saved my ass on this one and the fact that my son is not a bad driver since they left on Saturday/Sunday and it is now Tuesday.

I used to be so on top of things...not so much anymore...sigh!

You go into the same room three times, in a row, and still forget what you went in there for. I've done this a couple of times today, going back and forth from the living room to the bedroom, with a picture in my hand, because I kept forgetting to get the box I needed out of the bedroom, in order to pack it away.

Guest nonesuch

I put a batch of granola bars in the oven to cook, and then went out to the shop to build a spice rack. 

Granola burned to a crisp.  The only thing to savor is the irony.

I got out tools to try and fix the air bed.  Hope it's fixed. Put air bed back together but can't find pliers to put them back where they belong. Have trouble getting comfortable on bed which deflates, even after potential fix. The next morning, dis-assemble bed to try new fix.  Find pliers and realize why you weren't comfortable.

• 1 month later...

You might have widda-brain if:

• Your refrigerator has become an archaeological trove of old food.
    • "I just discovered one half of a Prosciutto di Parma twin-pack from Costco. Yay!"

[*]"Thank you for this wonderful bottle of wine."

• "I know you gave us a beautiful corkscrew as a wedding present (10 years ago)..."
    • "...but I don't know where it is (because I use something else)."
    • "Oh, here it is (right under my nose, in its original box)" (Yay!)

[*]You frequently "rotate the stock" in your liquor cabinet, and yet...

• "How did this box of Cape Cod Saltwater Taffy get in here?" (Yay!)
    • "The last time I went to The Cape was with Catherine 5 or 6 years ago."
    • "We didn't move to this house until 3 years ago."
    • "My sister-in-law must have given me this at Thanksgiving."
      • "...that was only 9 or 10 months ago."

[*]"Forrest Gump would have loved saltwater taffy..."

• "...because you never know what you're gonna get."
      • "...but get rid of the peanut butter flavored taffy ASAP."
      • "...because that's always the nastiest flavor."

[*]Those "stock rotations" lead you to write posts such as this on a Thursday night before a long holiday weekend.

|+|  M a r k  |+|