Sigh

MissingSquish

I've ended (for real I think) my relationship with my bf. I am feeling really vulnerable, lonely and guilt-ridden over ending it.  He was a great guy on paper, but in the end, I never really knew how I stood with him.  He was overcommitted with work and volunteering, and it left me with little of his energy or his time.

I have put way more effort into this relationship in some ways than even my relationship with Squish. I am so tired of not having a genuine connection with someone, and I'm tired of having sex only once a year in the past two years. I don't understand why this has to be so hard.

I'm sure it was a very difficult decision but it sounds like you are doing what is best for you.  You deserve the type of relationship that you want and as much as this sucks right now it will open the door for possibilities.

Hugs!

It sounds like you're making the right decision. I know sex isn't everything, but only have sex once in the past two years would be a deal breaker for me. I wouldn't have made it as far as you have in the relationship. ((hugs))

MissingSquish - I am so sorry....I know, trying to formulate a new relationship is hard. I hear you on your comment of having a genuine connection with someone...it is tough and I wish it wasn't.

But you put such good effort into this relationship and remember you can walk away feeling you did what you could + you are walking away because you are not getting what you need from the relationship. That is a brave decision and its good you are doing what is best for you over the longer term. Your bf is the one missing out here ! Please remember how much you have to offer and there are a lot of fish in the sea - it just takes a little bit to find the ones you want to be with...but a better match is out there for you.  Sending big hugs.

Guest look2thesky

If it's not working I hope you can find the strength to not just think but to end it, you are worth more.

Hoping for you.

MS,

I know you've been patient with this guy and you care about him, but perhaps you can now focus on someone who might be present to you.  You deserve to be higher on the list of priorities!  He might be a great guy, but he's not in a place to be there with and for you.

Hugs,

Maureen

PS.  Pru seems like a better snuggler than this guy!  At least she's always there!

Guest marian1953

I am so sorry, MissingSquish. You really do deserve the best. I am sorry you are hurting right now. big hugs to you.

Marian

I've tried to keep myself busy this weekend, but today I could barely get off the couch and leave the house. I know that work this week will be a good distraction.

I'm just tired of being alone, though being with the wrong person makes one feel alone. I miss Squish.