My neighbor died tonight...

patriciad

My neighbor died tonight.  He was a widower for about 10 years.  His wife had died when she got hit by a car while walking to the laundromat.  He held his family together with the help of his mother who lived with him in the same household.  He had 3 children-the youngest is now about 17.  He found a new love and married her. He leaves behind a 1 year old baby. 

I heard of his sudden death from a brain bleed and I could only think how unfair life is.  His kids still need him-3 are now orphans. One will never really remember him. They have all had more than their fair share of grief and heartache.

It reminds me once again how fragile life is.  How life can change in a skinny minute.

Just makes me wonder how some people just never seem to catch a break.

Pat

... I could only think how unfair life is.

Pat,

This really hit me with full force, and I am just sickened by it! The longer I watch this "theater of life" the more disgusted I become. Life, the "universal purveyor of good and bad" is so "bleeped up" that I often just need to escape from reality by blocking out news, hearing or reading heart-wrenching stories.

In this particular case, the series of tragic events has affected so many people in so many permanently life altering ways, it is really tragic.

"Maybe this world is another planet's Hell."

-- Aldous Huxley

My heart aches so much for this entire family. It reminds me of the movie title

"Enough"!!

image2.jpg

"What is life?

It is the flash of a firefly in the night.

It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime.

It is the little shadow, which runs across the grass ...

And loses itself in the sunset."

~~ Native American Saying

ATJ

So sorry to hear, Patriciad,

Life does indeed seem unfair at times. I personally know of several instances in which the widowed spouse died soon after losing his/her mate. No rhyme or reason to it. I also personally believe that the type of loss we wids suffer leaves lasting damage--both the physical and emotionally kind. Some people don't ever recover from it, while others seem to find "strength" they didn't know they had. Sounds like your neighbor had everything to live for--including a new baby. How very sad. 

HUGS,

Donna

How very tragic.  I will be praying for his family.  I also don't understand why after one heart wrenching tragedy, we aren't given a golden ticket that nothing bad will ever happen to the remainder of our family again.  I've always told people when I die, God and I are going to talk.  I don't understand it, and perhaps I'm not supposed to.  All I can think of is that perhaps the reward of the person who has much suffering here on Earth is a more splendid Heaven.