Spreading Kindness thread

DonnaP

I was in Walmart on Saturday, I was behind this couple with their kids for a few aisles. As I get to the register to check out, they're in front of me. I ask the guy, "is this your wife?" He say "yes",  I said "awesome." I then said, "I noticed the affection that you've been giving you wife!" He said, "I love her, that's why."  I then say, "You two remind me so much of my wife and I when in public, it's like noone else existed, and we would kiss, laugh and touch each other." I then tell the cashier to charge their groceries to my card also. I told the husband to continue to love on his wife, keep her on that pedestal and continue to let your kids see you shower their mom with love and affection!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to the Natural Foods Store at lunchtime and picked up a dozen fruit leather packets. For anyone who's never had one, they are similar to fruit rollups, but without the added sugar. Just plan fruit, dehydrated. Yummy. Anyway, I passed them around to some of my co-workers. Next time, I need to get more...they were pretty well received :)

My uncle who REALLY did a lot of horrible things at my lowest point (husbands death)

is getting divorced and moving. I contacted him to see if there was anything I can do

to help and help with the move and if he wanted to come over for dinner.

My cousin who is holier than thou and had some not so nice comments to say

after my husband died, I spoke with her the other day to explain to her how

she can get and afford the house she has always wanted. Sat down and went over

a check list, finances, legal, all kinds of things. She was depressed that she

couldn't get it. By the time she was done talking to me, without a doubt she

was going to be able to.

My gram, who I don't like as a person for the things that were allowed in my

relatives lives growing up, I call, and ask her if she needs anything, and

take things to her occasionally. Talk to her, let her vent ask how she is doing.. Even though I

really don't care. I pretend to. For her sake, and my dads..

My dad, won't even get into that one. I talk to him every now and then, because

his life is a total disaster. I pretend to care and pat him on the back. I do care

but in the same sense, it is what it is, so I can't really care too much. I try to

take him out every now and then for lunch.

I fake that I am doing excellent, just to make everyone else happy.

I tell my daughter than I am so very happy and excited that she is making a

positive future and she does need to move away and not worry about me. I want to see her

happy and make the best of her life. Inside it is tearing me apart. It hurts

she is leaving. I feel like I need her. (she doesn't know this)

I had empty seltzer bottles to return to the store. I saw an older lady walking down the highway collecting cans. I stopped and gave her mine. She was so surprised and thankful.

I had the wife of a client come to my office with their special needs child. The child was delightful. The little girl wanted me to sing and dance with her. Her mom was so happy someone showed attention to her child. As a special needs mom myself, I get it. I texted the client (dad) to tell him how much I enjoyed my time with his daughter. He was thankful too.

I spread the happiness. In return I got a big smile on me.

Eileen

4/9

Took SD's boots to a cobbler to have the soles re-glued. Picked up some toiletry items for her at the pharmacy.

Shared some Dove chocolate covered blueberries with my co-workers. YUMM

Two days ago, I spent the day randomly leaving little notes around the house for New Guy to find, telling him just how amazing he is and listing things I appreciate about him. Not sure if this counts, since I ended up greatly benefitting from his happiness.  ;)

I was on the recieving end, over the weekend attended a college open house with my oldest. The bathroom was wall to wall, and as i stood waiting for a dryer for my hands . A woman a few ahead of me snagged some paper towels and handed me some. :-)

We had our first fundraiser for our non-profit yesterday. We had a vendor table at a local event. I knew the lady helping me was short on funds. I treated her to lunch. When everyone was packing up, I went to the food vendor to ask for the leftover food. I got 3 trays of sausage and peppers. The lady went home with many meals. :)

Eileen

I have a student, known for his less than stellar behavior and even worse grades. Let's just say he spends a lot of time in lunch/after school detention for his behavior and lack of motivation in other classes, besides mine. For a change, he has had a REALLY good week this week, at least in my class.

Knowing that she often gets the calls to notify her of his poor choices, I decided to call with a praise report. I told her I could see that he is trying to improve his behavior, that he had completed all of his missing assignments, and that his grades for the fourth quarter progress report would be better than his previous grades. She was so thankful to hear good news for a change, that she started thanking me profusely, and I could hear that she was crying. I am so glad I made that call. It brightened my whole day!  ;D

April 16

Taking SD out to lunch today, to mark what would have been her mother's 54th birthday.

Also, invited the sister of my husband's late wife to accompany us to see her niece in a college play tonight.

Texted several family members to alert them that today is a potential trigger day for SD and ask them to send text hugs her way.

4/18

Spent the day visiting with my husband's handicapped step-daughter and putting smiles on her face. Saw an elderly woman at the grocery store and put a smile on her face with just an acknowledgement of how beautiful a day it was.

Tallied up our kindnesses to date... We had 113 acts of kindness from the original thread (on YWBB) and another 82 here. That makes a collective 195 total acts of kindness so far. GREAT JOB TEAM! Keep up the good work.

4/22 - Made a new bib for my husband's handicapped step-daughter. She is in her 30's and needs total care; the oversize bib is specially designed to make it easier to feed her without dripping food all over her. 

The guy doing my emissions test was grumpy, so, instead of being grumpy back, I thanked him for his time and efficiency in getting to my car quickly. He seemed taken aback by the compliment.

Mailed a surprise jar of roasted red peppers to my in-laws.

Today I was at the pump at a gas station when a guy pulled up to the pump in front of me.  He rolled down his window and very nicely asked if I could spare a few dollars because he was so close to Empty that he had to pull out of traffic but didn't have anything more than cupholder change to buy some gas to get home.  I thought what the heck, and gave him the smallest bill I had -- a five. (I do remember hesitating a bit...I watch way too many ID Network true crime TV shows that begin with an abduction at a gas station :-\ ).  Anyway, next thing I know, he's pulling back out on to the road, not buying any gas. :(  So much for my good deed...I hope he and his ginormous gas guzzler SUV had a good time with my $5.  >:(  Oh well, at least I tried to spread some kindness...  :)

Sorry, Mancino,

There will always be those people who take advantage of our kindness. It is just the way of things. It WAS still a nice act on your part.

For me, I saw an elderly man at the grocery store and offered to take his shopping cart back into the store for him. I even helped him unload his groceries into his trunk. He seemed truly grateful for the assistance :)

I also took our dog for an extra long walk (kindness to animals) since it was such a pleasant day.

HUGS,

Donna

started to get some of dons fly tying material to donate to Project healing waters , don was a mentor there

Raised over $1500 in his name to the organization and will also be giving the veteran he mentored one of dons favorite fishing poles

also dog sat this weekend for a friend who owns a kennel so she could go and clear out her dads house (he passed away)