Spreading Kindness thread

DonnaP

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the grocery store, I grabbed two shopping carts on my way in, and this time, the guy who rounds up all the stray carts was standing there to see me pull them in. He gave me a big THANK YOU! It was nice timing :)

4/30

Searched online and found a bunch of theater internship opportunities, which I emailed to my SD.

Also, found out that American Idiot is playing in Torrington in June. So, I bought four tickets to treat my SD and a friend to a show she loves.

Treated my son to dinner last night and lunch this afternoon.

Texted SD to wish her a happy last day of classes.

Emailed a student I'd met briefly last summer who was starting at Quinnipiac. Asked her how she was doing.

Today as I was leaving for grocery store I saw my elderly neighbor in his yard not moving well.  Stopped and asked if they needed anything from store.  His reply touched my heart.  Yes, he did need a few things.  List was in his pocket.  Said he was just getting ready to go to store but was afraid of driving today since he was feeling dizzy.  He was so appreciative and my day has been so much better. 

Gave a women ,with three kids in her Car, a jump start , she had been waiting for triple A for an hour

Bad news , wasn't the battery , good news she said it was ok... just nice to have someone who was willing to help her out

other good news Triple A was pulling in the parking lot when I was leaving :)

5/8

Took the day off to take SD outlet shopping. Bought her lunch.

Combined the outlet trip with a visit with two of my nieces who have little children.

5/9

Attended my nephew's graduation (yes, this WAS a kindness -- it was a 2.5 hour long ordeal that was not well orchestrated)

Helped my sister pay for the dinner bill, which included 10 family members.

Drove to nephew's apartment and took a car load of his stuff back home.

5/11

Returned two carriages from the parking lot to the grocery store.

5/12

Made SD a fruit surprise smoothie for breakfast :) while she was getting ready for her workday.

5/12

Gave my hair stylist an extra large tip again, even though the service was a bit slower than usual. She is trying to establish a new business, so I was trying to be supportive...

5/13

Gave the custodian at work a hug and a nice morning greeting. Asked her how she was doing.

Helped rid the office of two nasty yellow jackets :/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wow guys - I had to go to page 7 to find this thread again.

It sort of dropped off the grid for awhile, but I know you've all been doing great things and just not bragging about them - haha.

As for me, I've been busy trying to deal with, you know, life stuff. But in between, I do try to do nice things for people in my life.

I think my biggest "kindness" was taking my Mom (85 years old) into New York City for the day. We took the train in, had lunch, went to the Museum of Natural History and had dinner, then took the train back. It was a fun, if tiring day. We managed the Museum by getting a wheelchair there so she didn't have to do too much walking. All in all, I think she had a GREAT day! I'm glad I was able to make that happen. She loved going into NY when she was younger, but now she can't walk too long without getting tired.

:)

woke up in the foulest of moods today. Forced myself to read this entire thread in order to get out of my funk. Now, I'm merely kinda cranky. Thanks, everyone, for sharing and putting a smile on my face! ( I really love to do little kindnesses for others because it makes me feel so darn good inside. So much so that it almost feels kinda selfish bein' a do-gooder...)

"Beginning today, treat everyone you meet as if they were going to be dead by midnight. Extend them all the care, kindness and understanding you can muster. Your life will never be the same again."

-Og Mandino

'Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.'

-anonymous

Thanks Donna for bumping up this thread.  I'm really being intentional with spreading kindness but this thread helps me keep it focused.  I cleaned, repaired, and got 4 school bags looking like new and took to our church school supply pantry this week-end.  Bought a few supplies to add to what was needed.