Another "Fuck Cancer" post ----

Nuggets

John's sister has been sent home to die --- she had a 90% resection of her stomach in 2003 because of a GIST.  At that time was told to go to Australia and say goodbye to kids and g-kids and get her affairs in order - in 2008 they told her to 'Git' out of the cancer clinic in Northern Alberta -- they had no idea how come she was a 5 year survivor, but she was and to get out there and live large. 

In early 2014 she started feeling poorly and it was discovered she had stomach cancer in the site of the the original GIST -- no stomach there, but she has stomach cancer there -- and there were mets to esophagus, clavicle and hip.  She declined chemotherapy after having a rough time in the first 2 treatments, and told the oncologists to do what they could without chemo.  Last Tuesday, she was told there was marked increase in the tumours in all 4 sites, she was not surprised because she was also feeling weaker and had lost 10 pounds since her last check. 

I am heart broken -- I don't have a sister, but always thought I would chose Joan if I could pick one for myself.  She and John adored each other and were the closest in age and life philosophy of the 5 siblings -- I can only wish her a pleasant passage and peace for her husband (#2, she was widowed 22 years ago -- to cancer) and her children and grandchildren. 

Guest Lost35

I'm really sorry to hear than, Nuggets.  Sorry for your Sister-in-Law and sorry for you.  It takes so much energy to get back any tentative hold on positive thinking, and then things like this happen and it makes you wonder...

Take care.

-L.

If it's not too offensive for this site (and mods, if it is, please delete or edit it), I'm going to send you a "double fuck cancer up the ass without lube" - lost my wife to it fairly recently and I can't despise it enough.  Also sending you huge hugs, best wishes, and she sounds like a strong girl!

Thanks, for the replies and to the mods for letting the colossal swear stand....

In true fashion, I have a formal enquiry to look for parts for a very old piece of equipment ... from Joan and her husband.  And she offered the $300 that I charge to open a file and begin the Request for Quotation process (I am a Supply Chain Management consultant). 

I told her to write me a cheque.  :) private joke, we have written cheques to each other in the past, and never cashed them.

She said:  'I'm not on my last leg just yet, we need to get this equipment going...'

We will be Business as Usual, until there's no more Business or nor more Usual.  *sigh*