Confessions of a widow

Tweety76

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mawidow

I am moving in with new guy but I have hardly told anyone. I don't want to have any conversations about how great it is that I'm starting fresh or how this is a silver lining or that it's too early in our relationship. None of those things are true. I'm tired of the 'you're being a good widow / bad widow' opinions.

Stress goes right to my digestive system and I am as bloated as a beached whale. I am not that comfortable farting all the time in front of new guy. I try to go for peppy little walks.

This morning I woke up and saw him and thought, 'I love you more today than yesterday.' and then I thought, 'oh, sh*t.' I know where those feelings can lead, dammit dammit dammit. 

Its amazing how your life becomes everybody's business when you are widowed. I still haven't figured out the connection and why it's so, but it seems to be true across the board.  mawidow ... congratulations on your chapter 2, you deserve what you want when you want it , screw the world lol. 

I've been living with new guy for almost 4 months and I haven't told anyone in my family except my son, and him only because he'll be home from college for the summer in a couple of weeks and would have figured it out pretty quickly anyway. I haven't mentioned to any of them that I've even gone on a date. I feel so protective of my privacy in this area. I hate the idea of being the focus of family gossip, I hate being judged either for or against, and I hate that they'll think I'm "all better" now.

I am moving in with new guy but I have hardly told anyone. I don't want to have any conversations about how great it is that I'm starting fresh or how this is a silver lining or that it's too early in our relationship. None of those things are true. I'm tired of the 'you're being a good widow / bad widow' opinions. 

So true!  It doesn't matter what we do, it will be right or wrong in someone's view.  Everyone has an opinion on our decisions - or at least we think they do.  Maybe they don't but it sure feels that way

Oh my lord, do I understand this.  I've been engaged since Christmas.  Most people in my office don't even know I've started dating again, and only two of them (my manager and her assistant) know that "this new fellow I've been seeing" is actually New Fiance. I'm the youngest widow in my office by (I'm guessing at least) 25 years.  I don't want to here the "it's so nice you've moved on" or "you were so young, we knew you'd find someone new!" comments either....

Guest TooSoon

I hate that the best remaining days of my libido are slipping away from me underutilized.

I hate that I feel judged every time I redecorate an area in my home.

No, I'm not wasting HIS money. (I guess it's not mine.)

No, I'm not trying to erase him from our home.

I'm making some of the changes that we both wanted to do, but couldn't afford.

I'm trying to make our house liveable/tolerable for me and our daughters.

My middle daughter won't sit in his spot on the couch or eat at the dining room table because he's not there. To me those are changes I need to make for her, us. This is our home. Rant over.

My MIL stayed at my house over the weekend and in one of our conversations stated that she had recently found out that she had rights to my husbands money and asked if I could give her what is rightfully hers...WTF!!!! WHAT MONEY I asked her, husband didn't have life insurance nor did we have money in the bank, only thing I'm getting is SSN for my kids and that's why I'm working... I wanted to tell her to get the F*** out of my house, but didn't because of my kids. 

I'm sorry November, geez Louise. I swear the next person who suggests DW dying was akin to winning a lottery will be told to bugger off  >:( We not only lose a chunk of our heart but also an income so whatever cash windfall people think we have must be conserved, protected and carefully managed.

Guest look2thesky

I hate that my libido often clouds my judgment. Still talking and clinging onto ex-Bf, why am I doing this?

I did this for a spell. Not good.

When I finally said enough is enough a huge weight was lifted.

All it was doing was dragging me further.

I hate that the best remaining days of my libido are slipping away from me underutilized.

It's pathetic, but this thought absolutely *preys* on me. I can't stand it. It's so freaking unfair. :(

3 year sadiversary was yesterday. Was supposed to go to a movie with ex bf last night. He cancelled yesterday morning due to a volunteering training. I asked him if it was possible to skip his volunteer training because I was feeling a bit low and really looking forward to seeing him.

He didn't respond. Nothing.

Someone here needs to remind me how mean he was if I ever have amnesia and think it's a good idea to have him in my life again

Guest look2thesky

" Your ex asking to stay friends after a breakup is like kidnappers asking to stay in touch after they let you go "

Yesterday there was a softball meeting (my daughter plays softball) and all the parents were there... I'm talking on the side to a parent which recently separated from her husband and I'm telling her we should get together for drinks on Saturday and thought I'd be cute and called it "Zippy Saturday".  My 9yr old whom I thought was not paying attention to what I was talking about looked up and said loud enough to have all eyes on me "Mom your adding another day you already have  Tipsy Tuesday, Wine Wednesday, Thirsty Thursday and now Zippy Saturday"... I wanted the ground to open up swallow me and spit me back up on a beach...

I have the evening to myself (daughters are staying the night with my dad) and will probably end up going to the gym, maybe getting a few groceries, and then back home. Party animal! I wish I had a date.

Guest Questions

I get a kick out of toying with telemarketers of companies who've wronged me in the past.

Especially DirecTV. They call me periodically to tell me I was a valued customer & they want me back & promise me the world.  I tried switching to them from Comcast awhile back but they & ATT lied to me & wasted my time so now when they call I pretend I'm interested, string them along but stop just short of committing & say, "If I'm going to agree to a 2 yr contract I want the rates locked in & I need them in writing beforehand because I don't trust you to honor this deal."

They can't oblige so then I say "Well, sorry for wasting your time.. How does it feel?"

Totally pisses them off.

I do the same thing to telephone scammers. Play dumb, string them along, give them wrong or conflicting information & essentially waste as much of their time as possible.

I figure any time they waste on the phone with me is time they don't have to be scamming others.

I know it's evil but so are they. Why not give them a taste of their own medicine? I've got nothing better to do... lol 

My house is a mess:  Cat hair everywhere.  The dining room table is covered in unopened mail.  Near the front door, I have both barbecue and ski equipment (I haven't been skiing in years).

My yard is a mess: Parched from drought, weeds taking root, hasn't been mowed once this year.

...but I fuss over Catherine's grave every morning.  I water her flowers, scrub away bird droppings and uproot any dandelions within a 20 ft radius.

It's been nearly 11 months and I really want to clean up my act.

|+|  M a r k  |+|