Sexy Widowed Saturday Night!

MissingSquish

Guest TooSoon

Time to bring this classic thread back! 

Seven fifteen pm and I've got the ratty old hoodie on, the feet up and poured the glass of Malbec so though I now have a sexy widower to share all of this Saturday night sexiness with, it is still about as sexy as it always was....things could get really racy around here in a little while when we both break out the novels we're reading and fall asleep by nine thirty.

Anyone else reporting for duty? 

Toosoon: I was lamenting the other day that my life has changed so much. Yet after reading you post I relized that really it hasn't. The big difference is now I just do all the same stuff by myself. Yup there were days I was bored even when My LH was alive. I will probally be up till 10. Watch come net flix and work on my never ending pile of laundry. I bought stuff to hang shelves maybe I'll do that as well.  It sure is quiet here even with my dog snoring .

I think I get the fun award tonight- my 13 year old twins decided they wanted to watch Clifford the big red dog, complete with ongoing commentary critiquing it and questioning why I let them watch it when they were little. Then the girl went to bed and the boy is playing his banjo for me and singing in monotone, asking me if he's staying in key. I lied.

Guest TooSoon

Um, twin_mom, you win.  Hands down.  No question.  I'm so brain dead from the work week and schlepping the children around Valley Forge National Park today to try to convince them history is important/fun that Clifford the Big Red Dog sounds really, really good right about now. 

I actually like Clifford, I remember reading him when I was little. But the commentary from the boy about how he thinks they're really talking about accepting your druggie friends was something I wasn't up to examining too closely tonight. And then the girl was sitting on the other side of me upset because Emily Elizabeth says it's a full moon 'that's clearly a waxing crescent, not a full moon. What are they teaching kids?!' it was all I could do to bite my tongue and not say "um... When did you become the moon police you geeky science girl??" I did say, are you sure it's waxing and not waning, which earned me an eye roll. :)

Kids say my TV choices are boring. They are watching shows together on-demand on the cable in the basement rec room while I sit my bedroom watching MTV live in my pajamas. Just how I like concerts, in the comfort of my own home!

It was a boring day. I just did stuff around the house, washed bedsheets, re-made the beds, finished a scrapbook project, and went to a short 1 hour french horn recital so my eldest kid can write a paper on it for band. It's a normal Saturday where we had no obligations really. If DH were here, we probably would have gone out for the night to see Dr. Strange or I'd be doing the same thing and he'd have gone out for a game night with his friends.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sitting at my desk in the same clothes I wore yesterday.  Oh, there's a reason for that.  I was flying home from Houston and missed my connection in Denver. But somehow...my suitcase grew legs and made it on the plane that was backing out of the gate when I arrived huffing and puffing after racing the length of the entire B concourse to get there.  I had a lovely night in Denver in a hotel that wanted to charge me 10 bucks for internet access. 

I made it home about noon today and I have been trying to get myself to write a paper...this is my sexy widowed Saturday night!  How many more weeks of school?  3?

Happy Saturday, everyone!

Oh...yeah...I was in Houston for oncology follow-up.  My scans are clear again.  I will return in 6 months and hope for more of the same.

Maureen

Guest TooSoon

One of my oldest, bestest friends and her son were up from NC for the weekend and had never been to Manhattan so we took the kids and marched them through the MET, Central Park, up the Empire State Building and through Times Square (imagine the complaining) and back to the car.  It was a special day for us and our kids; she's not widowed but we've all been through a lot and it was nice to log a happy time on the books but it was hiiiiiiiigh maintenance and exhausting.  I passed out as soon as we got home, barely even making it to sexy widowed Saturday night....  Happy THanksgiving, everyone!

Still in PJ's today. Well deserved day to veg.

Flipping channels and Pretty in Pink is on.

This was the first date ever with DH.

I am actually smiling while remembering.

Younger 2 kids are creating in the kitchen with pizza dough, spices and cheeses.

Not sure about sexy (insert sarcasm here)....

Spending the night at "the office".  It's a quiet night, or perhaps just the calm before the holiday storm.  Every now and then someone keys up and does a radio check, ATC reassuring them that yes, they're on the right frequency.  Maybe this is what the airways will be like after the zombie apocalypse. 

I suppose I could bid Saturdays off. Sometimes I get them, sometimes I don't.  I think it's easier when I'm working. I don't feel the strain of the whole "no real social life" thing.  Not as much, anyway. 

Home tonight at three.  Tomorrow's vehicle of choice will be somewhat slower, fuzzier and far more opinionated. Jets and horses-- I guess it's not such a bad life, aside from that one still gaping hole in my heart.  But there's no changing that, so we does the best we can does.

IMG_0220.JPG.fb16ab15864215528425c0c9789fe411.JPG

Saturday morning I headed to Indianapolis with acquaintances to celebrate my ex sil's 50th birthday.  I rode with her friends. We participated in the 12 bars of Christmas Crawl. I had a great time! We stayed the night and came back this afternoon. New friends!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've never seen this thread before!  It's so refreshing to know I'm not the only one.......

Sitting here with the laptop and 2 puppies cuddling, watching TV.....  I got up the nerve to ask a man out this morning, but that didn't go where I had hoped.... so......  here I sit....  lonely, as usual.  This shit is pathetic. 

Guest TooSoon

Come on - I know some of you have some sexy widowed Saturday night stories to tell tonight.  I'm in my PJs, ignoring a massive kitchen mess after an unsupervised 10 year old "science" project took place while I talked on the phone with a grad school friend.  Kid in bed now, glass of wine in hand.  Should be good for sleep by 9:30.  Very sexy!