Sexy Widowed Saturday Night!

MissingSquish

Just got home from a surprise 60th birthday party for my SIL.  It was an outdoor party with a live band (so loud you couldn't really talk to anyone).  Thankfully DS went with me so I had someone to hang with.  Yes, I guilted him into going...hate going to these things alone.  Ended up leaving at 9...I'm such an old fuddy-duddy!

My nephew's 4th birthday party was today. My daughters and I went a little overboard with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle stuff. It was fun buying for him.

Last night I had my 'first date' with one of the guys I've been chatting with. We saw Black Mass. Tomorrow we're going to see a comedian.

"Adulted" a lot today, including dealing with Chase bank's letter to my wife, telling her they're closing her card for lack of activity. Yes, I've told them she's dead.  Four years now, sheesh. Well, at least they'll stop sending letters. Maybe.

Went to the barn to play with my horses, car promptly broke down. So just gave them some cookies instead and dealt with vehicles. But at least horse spit is a good antidepressant.

Rewarding self with some Mexican food at local place. Think I'm the only anglophone here.

Things could be worse. But yeah, Saturday nights, you feel singlehood the worst.

Ugh, adulting. I've had to adult all weekend at work, and I'll have to do it some more at home tomorrow and Tuesday. Have to pay bills, work out my new budget, do a ton of laundry... Bleah. I just want to lay on the couch like a slug and watch Mysteries at the Museum on the Travel Channel.

It IS Saturday, right? I had to double check, cos no one had bumped this...

I was actually off today. Off tomorrow, too. Weird-- a whole weekend. I think I must have scheduled it on purpose because this is my birthday weekend, sort of-- my actual birthday isn't until Wed, but my family usually celebrates on the nearest weekend, so here I am. Except there hasn't been much celebrating-- my mom is on call, and when she's not occupied with work stuff, she's caught up in my pregnant sister's wedding planning. Whatever, it's fine. I went to Build A Bear today and got myself not one but TWO My Little Ponies! Ha!

Now I'm watching the new Doctor Who episode with my daughter, and shopping online for cute PJs. Funny, that-- I never wore pajamas until I became a wid, and now I can't get enough of them. As addictions go, I guess ponies and PJs are relatively innocuous ones... ;)

So that's my exciting, sexy Saturday. Here's a piccie of my pony stuffies-- please ignore my messy room. (The middle two are the new ones.)

Guest TooSoon

Reporting for duty:  in jammies, under covers, grant application on screen and my date, Malbec, in hand.  7 pm.  Living on the edge!

Jammies here too! Once again, I have a house full of teenagers-- why, why, why do they always want to come HERE??!?!? I've got chiles roasting in the oven and leftover birthday brownies in the fridge. Add Guy Fieri on the tube-- yay for Triple D-- and I have all the ingredients for a super-sexy Saturday. W00T!

Siiiiigh.  ::)

Managed to get the bulk trash out before 6 am, actually took it all out around 4 am...there are perks to being an insomniac! Finished my grocery shopping only to realize that the one thing I HAD to get (dog food) was forgotten. So...I will be going back tonight. Currently doing the laundry, just finished loading the dishwasher and plan to start cooking dinner in about 20 minutes. Living the dream!!

And no....I haven't hooked up the stereo, yet! :P

Home moping tonight.  The weather turned cool suddenly.  I don't want to turn the heat on, since the temps will be back up in a couple of days.  I agreed to help at a community rocket launch tomorrow...something I always did with John...and now I don't want to do it.  This is the time of year I moved to Kansas, to be with him...5 years ago.  I just keep thinking...how is this now my life?  I'm having a hard time staying in the present or looking forward tonight.

Maureen

Soccer fields this morning...brrr! It was less than 50 degrees and very windy. Back home to warm up. Then we went to an outdoor  police officer appreciation event. My wardrobe for today was 2 pairs of socks, 2 pairs of pants,  shirt, sweatshirt, coat, hat, and gloves. We had a great time!  They have inflatables,  sport events, and gun range, live music, zip line, rock wall, helicopter rides, and tons of food. My daughters look forward to it every year. Now we're home all warm and cozy. My youngest daughter is staying with my in-laws.

Upper respiratory virus and jammies. On the plus side, my Kentucky visitors are here taking excellent care of me. On the minus side, I should be having fun for a change. Nonetheless, I know I am very lucky today.

Never left the house today, stayed in sweats all day, made clam chowder and studied for a big exam Monday.  New guy and his boys came over for chowder and now it's just my youngest and I watching Jimmy Fallon on the DVR (our favorite happy fix) and I'm still wearing the same sweats.

Oooh, clam chowder! That sounds good on this chilly evening! Well, now I know what I'm making for supper at least. I've been so uninspired to make anything lately, tho have always loved cooking.

So clam chowder & more reruns of Quantum Leap it is! Boy, my life is exciting.

I should've looked for Quantum Leap. Instead, I watched the first five minutes of Sleepless in Seattle, and now I'm in my room, sobbing and trying to see through tears to type.  :'(  Haven't seen that movie in 20 years, and I guess it'll be at least 20 more before I try again. And I thought I was doing pretty well... :(

Just watched two episodes of Fear The Walking Dead with my daughter, so we are caught up for the finale tomorrow night. I started watching it so it is something we can do together, instead of sitting alone while she's in her room doing her thing. Now I'm hoping I can sleep.

Hugs to you all tonight...

• 3 weeks later...

Sigh. Left for dinner for my mom'said birthday at one of my favorite restaurants. They canceled as soon as I got out of my neighborhood. Dressed up, showered, and had make up on for no reason. Being well into Saturday night, everyone else had plans. So, steakhouse was replaced with Taco Bell drive thru. Dress up clothes replaced with pjs. Hair do replaced with a sloppy pony tail. Playing video games.

We left the waterpark around 7pm. Then we had a 3 hour drive home. I actually enjoyed the night drive except for the rain. Of course traffic wasn't as bad and the girls napped most of the way. Very peaceful drive.

Tomorrow night I have a date. My daughters don't have school Monday so they're staying the night with their grandparents.