Hard news

MrsDan

I just learned from my MIL that my FIL has lung cancer, and it's stage four. She didn't want to stay on the phone; much like after Dan died, she's trying to stay strong. I got off the phone with her and cried. I held Neelah, who adores and is adored by my FIL, and just sobbed. More than anything for my daughter. Is that selfish? She loves her Papa. He has been the one constant male presence, the only male she was comfortable with for a very long time after Dan died. And I'll have to watch her grieve him, the way I never had to watch her grieve Dan.

I'm so sorry, MrsDan. Of course it isn't selfish to want your sweet little girl not to hurt and lose her Papa who is dear to her. Watching our kids hurt is twice as painful than our own pain in my experience. If only we could protect them from hurt, especially when they've already lost so much.

Sending you both tight hugs...

I am so very sorry to hear about this. There seems to be so much sadness and sorrow, and it is normal to want to protect our children from the pain. Crying for your daughter and the loss that she will face isn't selfish, at all. In my opinion, it just shows what a wonderful, loving, and caring mother you are. (((Hugs)))