BIL died (Careful...could trigger some)

Wheelerswife

I got a call from MIL #1 today.  My BIL...really ex-husband of DH1's sister, drowned this week in Costa Rica while vacationing with his 29 year old daughter.  He leaves 3 sons as well, the youngest are 21 year old twins.  My niece is still in Costa Rica having to manage all of the arrangements alone.  My SIL drove to the twins' colleges to tell them in person.  The boys were close to my husband.  We watched them grow up playing sports.  Their dad wasn't the best provider, but he really loved his kids and was very involved in their lives.  More "kids" without a dad....

Maureen

So sorry to read this, Maureen ~ I returned to Canada last week, but can offer the support of many friends in Costa Rica if your niece needs any help or assistance in Costa Rica.  Do you know where she is and where did the accident happen?

Thank you First Widow, BrokenHearted2, twistedmensa, kjs1989, Tatianakm and SVS for your kind thoughts.

Thank you, Nuggets.  I heard from my MIL a little while ago that my niece is on her way home.  Family is in the midst of making funeral arrangements.  They are trying to have my BIL buried near my husband in the town cemetery and my MIL called for some information. 

I'm finding myself going back to a different era in my life - the era with my first husband - which is a place I don't revisit all that often.  I now live half a continent away from his family and our home together and instead I live in the world of my second husband.  Maybe I shouldn't be so surprised to find myself sadder today than I was yesterday.  Things are setting in; memories are flooding back. 

Sigh.

Maureen

• 2 weeks later...