bago poll

Lisa

Guest littlebirdie

Nope. I live in a weird spot of the country at least an hour away from any bagos and I hate driving anywhere unfamiliar by myself because I have a terrible sense of direction and get lost at the drop of a hat.

I would absolutely LOVE to attend a bago, but so far, all the ones I have seen have been far, far away from where I live.  I am thinking about trying to set one up sometime this Summer for Southern CA, if there is enough interest.  There is a strong likelihood that I will also be moving this Summer (heading closer to my New Guy), so I have to get that worked out, before I plan anything.

I attended many, many bagos in the first few years.  Many were local or within a few hours, several were plane-flights away.  Every one was valuable to me, but especially my first one, when I drove 3 hours and spent the whole weekend at a bed and breakfast with ladies I had only chatted with on the board.  I remember I told NO ONE what I was doing and where I was going, because I was sure my family would think I had lost my mind.  What a healing weekend!  I was about 7 months out, but had only been on the board a month and a half.  I am still friends with most of those ladies, and have gotten together with them at bagos many times since, and don't consider them my widda friends anymore... They are just really truly friends.

I hosted two successful and larger-than-expected Colorado bagos, in 2012 and 2014 (2013 was an oops).  This year, I am not sure anything will happen because prior interest seems to have evaporated.  I have drifted from the board some this past year, but I was still surprised to get so little response on ywbb.  Oh well.

Take care,

Rob T

I'm 7-? years out. My 1st bago was 7 years ago. Anyone who's recently widowed, I highly recommend attending a bago.  This is where you'll find mutual understanding and support.  The hardest part about your first bago is going back home and realizing there are actually people with whom you've been able to openly share how you feel; now you're returning home to hard reality.  It's not like a therapy session; it's real people who also desire contact with others who get what this new reality feels like.

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to get the chance to go to one, but so far everything I've seen has been far away from me and I just don't have the money to travel/fly :(  To be sure I'm not the only widow in Eastern NC lol

I hosted two successful and larger-than-expected Colorado bagos, in 2012 and 2014 (2013 was an oops).  This year, I am not sure anything will happen because prior interest seems to have evaporated.  I have drifted from the board some this past year, but I was still surprised to get so little response on ywbb.  Oh well.

Take care,

Rob T

Don't give up Rob, maybe it should be an every other year thing. I so wanted to come last year, but just couldn't manage it. This year I am blowing ALL my vacation time on one trip. But next year, I would definitely love to make my way out to the happiest place in the US!

Rob, I'm from CO-- well, lived there as a child (Westminster, Four Corners) and moved back for grad school (Go Buffs!). I'd love to do a CO bago, but I can't manage it this year. Don't give up, I want to go!

I see we have a What's a bago answer. There are other posts  on this thread forum describing them now. If you still have questions, make a new post oo send a message.

the best way to make a bago is to make your own post with your area in the title. It helps find people take a leap, pick a date and place. If that one doesn't work,  try again.

no bagos for me.  Us southern ontarians can't seem to get it together to do a bago, unless it's the organized group one that costs hundreds of dollars that people like me can't afford.

Oh well, virtual world will do for now.