agh what am I doing?!

MrsDan

Sitting in the car 30 minutes before part one of a major interview 250 miles from my house trying not to freak out, that's what. Trying not to stress about DD sick at BILs house 45 minutes away, wondering how she'll possibly be able to go to sleep, that's what. Trying to remember all the statistics and questions I prepared, that's what. Missing Dan, that's what.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did it go??? I came here hoping to see an update from you.  I'm so sorry that a job interview can't just be about the job and you have so many other factors to worry about.  I am totally impressed by you taking the big step and going to the interview!

Waiting in the car for round two, trying to brush off tons of dog hair. I adore one of BILs dogs and cuddled her without thinking this morning. Apparently DD feels the same way, she would only go to sleep last night if Punkin would stay with her in the bed. Really nervous and tired, since I got back late last night and DD didn't sleep well so I didn't either. Had a wonderful dream about Dan where we weren't married yet and decided to elope. Thanks again all, and I'll try to update you later this evening.

Guest marian1953

best of luck- hey, I saw your avator on messynessychic- love it. Yeah, the greiving wid in boxing gloves, as I like to think of her.

Marian

Yes, your cheerleaders are here!! I hope all went well!

I never interviewed for my job, which now requires a bachelors, and me with my associates, back when I was hired you passed tests, and got the job. Prior to that, I was in the restaurant business as a waitron and bartender. Didn't really interview then either, just had to be perky, young, and cute.

My job is no longer stable, and learning interviewing skills at 47 scares the shit out of me!!

It actually went really well. The director said I did great during the group sit down, which is what I was most nervous about. They are looking at one additional candidate, and hope to have an answer by next week. The kicker is they want someone to start May 12, which is not much time to pack my whole life up and move.