"British Invasion" bago, June 20th, Allentown, PA

Guest TooSoon

Guest TooSoon

Cheerio!  In honor of veteran British ywbber adp's (who some of you may remember) upcoming visit and because he's never in all of these years been to a bago and is intrigued beyond belief, lmsmdm and I are hosting a bago at my home in Allentown, PA on June 20th from 2 pm until......?  It will actually be our second annual PA summer picnic, a tradition started last year in by lmsmdm.  Kids are emphatically welcome at my house!

In adp's honor we plan to make it as ostentatiously American as possible so plan on a cook out, sparklers, deviled eggs, corn on the cob and other local summer specialties, games for the kids.  So in the spirit of the potluck, we'd love it if everyone could bring something quintessentially American to eat or drink or do. 

For those unfamiliar with the pulsating metropolis of Allentown, PA, we are about an hour from Philadelphia and 1.5 hours from NYC on a no traffic sort of day.  My home is close to the off ramps of Interstate 78 (east and west) and the Lehigh Valley exit of the Northwest extension of the PA Turnpike.  There is also a big amusement park a mile away and plenty of other interesting sites close to here for anyone wanting to make a weekend of it; if you pm me, I can provide more info.

All are welcome.  No rain date as we can just move inside if need be.  We'll send more details and pm the address closer to the date but we wanted to put it out there both for a head count and because summer weekend calendars fill up fast. Hope you'll join us!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great plan to introduce the BAGO, I am going to try and make this happen...it is fathers day weekend so the kids have to do what I want, right?  Of course it is also the last week of school after that and exams for the two high schoolers...but sounds good anyway!

Guest TooSoon

Excellent!  We can make it a Father's Day weekend bago, too! 

So, already we have:

adp

TooSoon + 1

lmsmdm

Michael 797

SoVerySad + 2 teens

non-board widowed friend and her 10 year old

a probable MelissasGypsy appearance

and a maybe/hopefully from rifatheroffour + kids

Not a bad start!  Adp is bringing the Pimms, he says. 

NNNOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Ran this by the kids tonight.... same day as my son's Chorus Summer Pops Concert.  I can't back out on this as I am also on the Board of Directors for the Chorus, blah, blah, blah.... its a huge tradition for us...

Enjoy... I'll be thinking of you

Guest TooSoon

Big bummer, R; there are kid things that just can't be gotten around!  Maybe Andy, the girls and I can catch you later this summer after Newport.  We'd love to visit the chocolate factory!  Catch you on the flip side!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TooSoon

Karen, There's a bus every hour from Port Authority that will drop you a mile from here if that makes it easier.  Someone can come pick you up and take you back.  Its about an hour and a half.  Bieber Bus Company.

All are welcome!

adp

TooSoon + 1

lmsmdm

Michael 797

SoVerySad + 2 teens

quovadis

Maybe

Meandthreekids

K-REBat

Come on peeps, we have someone crossing the pond!!!!!

adp

TooSoon + 1

lmsmdm

Michael 797

SoVerySad + 2 teens

quovadis

Wheelerswife

Maybe

Meandthreekids

K-REBat

Guest TooSoon

YAY!  We would LOVE to welcome you all here and Mary, we just got back from Liverpool and adp was saying how much he would love to meet you, too.  Hope we can make it happen on all fronts!  If 2 pm is too late in the day, we can always move it back a few hours.  Just say the word. 

Guest TooSoon

Hooray!  I can't wait to meet you all!  Don't feel like the 2 pm start is set in stone - you get here when you get here - mi (messy) casa es su casa!  Details coming up after I confer with my co-host lmsmdm!

If you are accepting newbies, I'm in.

I am not super active on this board, but in desperate need of some fellow widow company, just moved from the west coast and have to make new widow friends, and never been to a bago before.

You said 1.5 hrs from NYC, do you know if there is a bus that runs to allentown....I'm like super new to the city

Guest TooSoon

YES!  Please come!  Heres the info for the bus.  We will pick you up and drop you off; it is only a few miles from my house. 

http://www.biebertourways.com/

We'd have light rail if stupid NJ would oblige but no such luck.

I am exceptionally happy to welcome you. 

adp

TooSoon + 1

lmsmdm

Michael 797

SoVerySad + 2 teens

quovadis

Wheelerswife

LisaPop

Meandthreekids

K-REBat

Biscuit

Maybe

Singinmomo4