"British Invasion" bago, June 20th, Allentown, PA

Guest TooSoon

Do you have any idea on how many kids are coming?  I'm thinking of bringing Nick and John with me since you said kids are welcome. 

Also, I know a wid that is off the board that has 4 boys.  Do you have enough space to handle her and her brood if she were to want to come? 

How far are you from Dorney and Bethlehem PA?  I'm thinking of making it a weekend thing for the boys, staying at a hotel in Bethlehem and taking them to Dorney Park.  I checked and they have motorized wheelchairs available for rental so I could take them and stay off my ankle.

I'm starting to get excited about this.  I've been so bored and depressed with my ankle woes.  It will be nice to get out for a bit.

What kind of food could you use?  Pasta Salad?  Fruit Salad (maybe with blueberries from my yard)?  Baked Beans? Dessert? 

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TooSoon

OK, I've re-registered because I can't abandon my own bago!  Sorry about that; I just needed some time to clear my head. 

First, the more the merrier!  If anyone has outdoor games for kids that they could bring, that would be great.  We have a little kid swingset and little kid zip line and sidewalk chalk etc., but not much else.  My daughter is VERY excited (perhaps more excited even than adp!) Also, chairs and shade will be in short supply. 

If it rains, there's plenty of room inside with the standard caveat that mine is not the most organized or cleanest of houses.....

SMO4, Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom are less than two miles from my house.  There are a couple of hotels right across from the parks.

Any other questions between now and then, please feel free to PM me or post.  Really looking forward to it!

Somewhere, lost in my garage, is a shade tent type thing that Rick won at his company picnic.  We've only used it once.  IF I can find it (and that's a big if) I would be glad to bring it if adp would be willing to put his manly skills to work trying to set it up.  It's not real big but would probably help a bit with the shade. 

Guest TooSoon

Oh and if you want to bring bathing suits/towels for the children, I'll put the sprinkler on for them and may possibly get strong armed into the slip and slide my child has been coveting for some time....

I do have a large sun porch where people can get out of the sun (that's a bit of an oxymoron) but outside there is almost none.

Seeing adp using his mad manly skillz to assemble a tent or similar will be a new experience for me....

Mary, not far from Bethlehem at all, but there are hotels close to the picnic AND Dorney....there is a Wyndam, Holiday Inn Express, Comfort Suites, and Howard Johnson all practically across the street. Giving you all of the options, as I know you need your points  8)

adp

TooSoon + 1

lmsmdm + cucumber and tomato salad, strawberry rhubarb cobbler

Michael 797

SoVerySad + 2 teens + deviled eggs and fruit salad

quovadis + something vegan

Wheelerswife

LisaPop

Meandthreekids

K-REBat

Biscuit

Keeptrying + the Brady bunch-1  ;)

Imissdow + 3

Missingsqusih + mac and cheese muffins

singinmomof4+2 kids

Maybe

Donswife

Once again please feel free to copy and paste the list and add to it if I left anyone out!!!!!

Mary, not far from Bethlehem at all, but there are hotels close to the picnic AND Dorney....there is a Wyndam, Holiday Inn Express, Comfort Suites, and Howard Johnson all practically across the street. Giving you all of the options, as I know you need your points  8)

Yes, my decision to stay in Bethlehem is points motivated.  :) I just got a Hyatt credit card and I have a spend requirement to meet to earn the sign up bonus and I get the most points for Hyatt stays (of course).  Plus, I signed up today for an "Elite Tier Challenge".  If I meet a stay requirement within 2 months of signing up for the challenge, I earn Diamond status through Feb. 2017, which gives me a lot more perks when I stay at Hyatt.  I also earn an extra 1000 points for each stay.  Hyatt has become a favorite of mine among hotels because they are nice and require a very small amount of points for a free night. 

So, even though it's a little bit further from my destination, it's worth it in the long run.  As always, there is a method to my maddness.  :)

adp

TooSoon + 1

lmsmdm + cucumber and tomato salad, strawberry rhubarb cobbler

Michael 797

SoVerySad + 2 teens + deviled eggs and fruit salad

quovadis + something vegan

Wheelerswife6+ box of chocolates from our very own Willy Wonka  8)

LisaPop

Meandthreekids

K-REBat

Biscuit

Keeptrying + the Brady bunch-1  ;)

Imissdow + 3

Missingsqusih + mac and cheese muffins

singinmomof4+2 kids

Maybe

Donswife

Once again please feel free to copy and paste the list and add to it if I left anyone out!!!!!

Hey guys!

My only concern with bringing Mac and cheese muffins is that they need to be kept cool (they have egg in them). They won't survive being left outside in the heat for more than an hour, and I do not want to get anyone sick.

I am game to still bring them only if there is enough room in the fridge at the .  I can put out a small amount of them out at a time.

Guest TooSoon

Sorry you can't make it, donswife; there will be other opportunities! 

Preparations in full swing and the guest of honor arrives tomorrow!  This morning I was awoken at 6:45 by my 8 year old asking, "Can I open the Salt and Vinegar chips?"  Um, no.

Looking forward to seeing familiar faces and meeting some new peeps!  Any questions just let me know.