"British Invasion" bago, June 20th, Allentown, PA

Guest TooSoon

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keeptrying, it will go over just fine!!!!!

adp

TooSoon + 1

lmsmdm

Michael 797

SoVerySad + 2 teens

non-board widowed friend and her 10 year old

a probable MelissasGypsy appearance

quovadis

Wheelerswife

LisaPop

Meandthreekids

K-REBat

Biscuit

Keeptrying + the Brady bunch  ;)

Maybe

Singinmomo4

Come on peeps, we have someone crossing the pond!!!!!

Guest TooSoon

I organized a little thing six months after my husband died.  My parents and friends were all like WTF!?  Why do you need to meet all of these "strangers" (as if it was a bad word)?!  They had no idea; they still don't. 

So no, it is not weird (though I know some of the people coming on 6/20 and they're pretty weird  ;)  Myself included)  I promise it will be fun.  It always is.  And life affirming.  So glad you're going to join us. 

Guest TooSoon

Keeptrying, I missed your post somehow.  Yes please come! With baby and brood.  It seems there will be lots of children.  I'm sure mine will want to be Mistress of Ceremonies and she'll keep them all more than occupied! 

Everyone else, I just need to coordinate with LMSMDM and we'll get back to you on any specifics/logistics and I'll PM my address to anyone who plans to come in the next week or so. 

Fun! 

I have decided I'm going  to wimp out on the whole fathers day thing and come hang with my wid friends so count me and my 3 kids in.  My oldest DD is infatuated with England and all things related she plans on moving there someday so she might corner adp to get the inside scoop on what it's like.

adp

TooSoon + 1

lmsmdm

Michael 797

SoVerySad + 2 teens + deviled eggs and fruit salad

non-board widowed friend and her 10 year old

a probable MelissasGypsy appearance

quovadis + something vegan

Wheelerswife

LisaPop

Meandthreekids

K-REBat

Biscuit

Keeptrying + the Brady bunch 

Imissdow + 3

Maybe

Singinmomo4

Please, if I have missed anyone feel free to update the list.

Come on peeps, we have someone crossing the pond!!!!!

Whether I am able to come or not will depend on how my ankle is doing next week.  Right now, I've been given the okay to go back to work.  So far I don't have any hours next week but if I do get hours, how my ankle does and so long as it doesn't take a problematic turn, I should be able to.  I've learned however, not to plan on anything when it comes to this ankle.  So I will let you know, but I might not be able to tell you until the last minute, if that's okay. 

I may try and come depending on weather and my schedule

I have only been to one bago lunch and it was wonderful

to be around people who understand is kinda freeing in a way

It would be REALLY nice to meet you. Bagos are one of the most misunderstood things in the endless list of misunderstood things about widowhood; for me, they function more like a day off from grieving than anything else. I hope you can come; you'll be in excellent company.

This is my first one, and I am very excited and nervous. I am hoping a bunch of people go so I can meet as many of you as possible! - singinmomo4 - if your ankle acts up, don't worry, I will have a stroller with me and I will be happy to push you around!! Can't wait to meet everyone!

I live around the Wilkes-Barre Scranton area, so if I can help anyone in any way, please let me know...