"British Invasion" bago, June 20th, Allentown, PA

Guest TooSoon

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TooSoon

Karen I think this will be the coming together of the world's three vegan widow(er)s.  Mmmmmmmmm, bread.......Planning to grill up some veggies, too. 

Super excited! 

I

I just got some hours on Saturday for work I didn't want to pass up.  However, I get done at 1:30.  I will try to come out, with little ones along for the ride, after I get off.  I might not even take time to get changed and come in my work clothes!  So how does a Pasta Salad sound?  I think I can make that easily and it should travel well. 

adp

TooSoon + 1

lmsmdm + cucumber and tomato salad, strawberry rhubarb cobbler

Michael 797

SoVerySad + 2 teens + deviled eggs and fruit salad

quovadis + something vegan

Wheelerswife6+ box of chocolates from our very own Willy Wonka  8)

LisaPop

Meandthreekids + bottled water and soda

K-REBat + yummy bread and some vegan treat

Biscuit

Keeptrying + the Brady bunch-1  ;)

Imissdow + 3 + noodle salad of some variety and chips

Missingsqusih + mac and cheese muffins

singinmomof4+2 kids +pasta salad

There is still room for more if anyone cares to join us.

Cobbler is in the oven  8)

Looking forward to tomorrow!

Just an FYI I work until 12:45 tomorrow...for those who I have given my number I will answer you eventually ha ha! It just may be sporadic until the witching hour.

A bad storm is rolling in for tomorrow evening... I am not far from the picnic, and I am offering up a bed for those who are traveling. I have 2 real beds, and couch etc. 

Guest TooSoon

Slip and slide has been procured so pack bathing suits if you like (for the children that is).

See you all tomorrow!! 

Report from the field: British Invasion Bago

The rain held out just long enough for the festivities to proceed in full swing. In attendance ? a veritable ?Who the hell are you?? of widow-dom:

TooSoon & adp (our wonderful hosts)

Lmsmdm & Don (their accomplices)

Singinmomo4

LisaPop

MissingSquish

MeAndTheKids

IMissDow

SoVerySad

Wheelerswife (gracing us on the first stop of her Widow World Tour 2015)

KeepTrying

QuoVadis

BlueMoon15

Biscuit (so very glad you could come)

And a boatload of kids ? all surprisingly sweet

Deepest thanks to rifatheroffour for the gracious, generous, and quickly non-existent donation of a box of his famous chocolates. This reporter had to spit on his so one of the kids wouldn?t snatch it out of my hand.

Conversations soon filled the air, punctuated by the occasional shrieks of children heavily armed with sparklers. Food was plentiful as always; everyone breathed sighs of relief upon the realization that the mac & cheese puff-things had survived the arduous trip from Long Island.

The proceedings took a solemn turn as the female wids formed a circle to perform their traditional sharing of forbidden secrets. Despite this reporter?s attempts to disrupt the proceedings by shouting ?Hey, it?s Liam Neeson!?, nothing could deter these wids from performing their rituals. So Mote It Be.

As proof that some things can actually end well, the events concluded with copious heartfelt hugs and promises, all of which will no doubt be kept. The Marines continue to wish they had the fortitude of our beloved wids. As always, this reporter?s recommendation regarding widowbagos is ?Attend one, create one, do anything you can to make it to one.?

Next stop ? Amsterdam!