I think I found her

gracelet

Guest Mel4072

Grace, I'm pulling for you! It sounds to me like you have opened yourself up to the possibility of love and LTR. That's good! Don't over analyze! Just enjoy! (Easier said than done!) As you get to know her, all the answers will become clear. Don't worry!

You know, the saying time heals? Well, it does. Girl, whatever you decide is ok. I'm glad that you are opening up your heart to love again!

• 2 weeks later...

Dammit.  I didn't find her.  She's relegated back to Tinder Girl #4.  I've had radio silence for a week and haven't seen her face to face since I told her about being widowed.  She said she wouldn't run away because of it, but it feels like she has.  Granted there is stuff going on in her life that may mean she's just not ready for any sort of romance period but a message or call acknowledging that would be nice.  You'd think she'd clock that I am scarred by being abandoned - wife here one minute and gone the next - and have some sensitivity to that.  But no.  I deserve better but this still feels shitty :-(

Fuck this.  Becoming a nun but stocking up on vibrators.

Grace I admire how open and honest you are in sharing your journey with all of it's painful reality as well as your hopeful forward looking outlook.  By being so open you will weed out the women who just are not right for you pretty early on.  Don't be offended by those who walk (or run!) from you, they are making way for the right person to find you.  Continue to be your amazing authentic self!

You are an excellent writer. I'm sure this felt therapeutic.  The thing is, I doubt she disappeared because you disclosed. And if Inam wrong, she is still the wrong person for you at this time .

Guest look2thesky

pretty straightforward and to the point log.

I'm sure there are many who will overlook widowhood,

And your "status" to be with you.

Usually if people back off or dissapear it's because a they're not ready for a commitment or b it's easier for them to not explain they're not interested.

I learned not to take it personally.

Let someone "want" you.

Play the hard to get one.

Believe me it works wonders !

Definitely warrants a conversation.  Maybe it was her googling you or maybe she's going through her own stuff, the only way to find out is to talk about it.  Everyone has a right to step back and slow down, we advise each other here to do that when red flags pop up.  Out of respect she should have told you that.

Good luck!

Guest look2thesky

See that miracles do happen.

Tell her you're not a serial killer and I'm sure things will work out.

Or are you ?

(A serial killer)