Sexy Widowed Saturday Night!

MissingSquish

Guest TooSoon

It's here again!  I'm super sexily grading an endless pile of freshman essays and volleying with my child as to how many Thin Mints constitute an acceptable after dinner treat (this child can argue her case ad infinitum - it is both impressive and exhausting).  Can't really complain though because I went to a spectacular show last night in Brooklyn and the amazing Tenement Museum this morning.  Already dreading Monday though, a constant theme of sexy widowed Sat nights. 

Evening...it's really quiet here.  Two high school kids are at a dance tonight and my daughter is at a friends for the evening.  I can't change into comfy clothes because I have to go get my daughter around 9:30pm.  So here I am, should be doing more paperwork to catch up at work.  I've been having a sense of dread more often as all my kids begin spending more and more time with friends, which is great for them...but, well you know...it's really quiet here.

Sitting on the couch in yoga pants ( that saw no yoga today) and drinking a glass of wine while youngest is in The basement with a friend and older two are heading out.  I'm trying to make more of an effort to plan things for youngest so I'm ok with it.

I'm checking son's schoolwork. French Revolution, Napoleon, etc.. My daughter is sleeping over at a friend's house. We did actually go out to dinner tonight with my nephew and his fianc?. It was really nice and yummy. Still not in pj's, but now that you've reminded me, I'm breaking to get more comfortable.

I have spent the weekend with old friends from high school. One was my best friend back then. I hadn't seen her since the day I married my first husband. We have had a blast catching up on old times and life in general. It was good to have fun with old friends who knew me well 35 years ago and who could listen to my life story.

Maureen

Guest TooSoon

My daughter is at my parents.  There's a fantastic film at our local art theater but I am too tired even to think about it.  So, pajamas, some wine and a Downton Abbey binge in anticipation of the final episode which is tomorrow night (NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!)

I had almost no sleep last night and am having a whale of a good time with fibromyalgia pain, over in my corner of the world, on this cloudy, icky Saturday. New Guy has a date night planned, since one (or both) of us has been sick nearly every weekend for the last month. I am in the great debate of deciding whether to disappoint both of us and cancel, or to suck it up try to enjoy myself, even if I am in pain and miserably tired.

Guest TormentedTwoStep

I was supposed to go out and meet some friends to hear a band play. One by one, they had to cancel. So I decided to stay home and not go alone. Alone is all I ever do these days. I miss my wife, I miss my chapter 2, I miss the life I ince had. Off to bed.

I'm trying to settle my nerves. My daughter woke up complaining of chest pain that radiated to her back. Worsened with her feeling dizzy and nauseous. Her band fundraiser spaghetti dinner was tonight. I had pies and soda to drop off, as well as meet family there (I had the tickets) and was taking my in-laws along. Met relatives in the parking lot, handed off tickets and the stuff I had to them, then headed to the ER. She didn't argue about going, so I know she was scared. Thankfully chest x-ray and EKG were okay. MD suggested maybe pulled muscle or mild pleurisy. I'm worn out from putting up a good front, as well as just being in that ER which I hate so much. The staff is fine, just so much time spent there with too many loved ones, etc..

So, I'm in bed getting ready to check schoolwork, wishing I had T here or anyone to just hold me really tight for a while.

Widowhood sucks!

Spent the day working on our annual scout fundraiser.  Dinner on the couch with my two youngest kids watching "The Martian". I was firne until David Bowie came on...my DW would have loved this movie...she was a complete space geek.  Now all are asleep and I'm watching "The Devil Wears Prada".  What an exciting saturday night.

oh real exciting night here- my son and I ate dinner in front of the TV, and I got caught up on some charity work - and were in bed by 7pm. My son hasn't been sleeping well given a cough so I set up a makeshift bed in his room and I also have  been having real trouble sleeping so after he was asleep I watched endless Frasier re-runs on my iPad (with earphones) and snacked on low fat chips and drank a wine cooler...to try and help me sleep. Then I surfed my Match.com app and felt depressed at the thought of getting back out there again - and getting burned. Sigh.

I thought about going out to a movie (by myself for the first time!) but nothing was playing that interested me, so I pulled out a jigsaw puzzle and worked on that while watching You've Got Mail followed by some Hallmark movie.  Typical Saturday night here...