Confessions of a widow

Tweety76

I confess:

I'd like to get "lost a high heel and an earring, just what the hell day is it, mad cuz I can't find my drink, rip-roaring" drunk!

Seriously, just the notion of not thinking too deeply, or having memory of it, entices me. And I'm a cheap drunk...two or maybe three glasses of Reisling on an empty stomach and I'd be good and loopy!

The sole reason I can't get plastered? I'm on contraindicated meds. #winning

Baylee

Share recipes? ;D You may be onto something mangomom, perhaps a "cooking for one" thread. If I ask about a recipe or something I'll usually give it a try and afterward engage in some follow up chat about how it worked out.

There used to be one.....

*I think I like my kid's soccer coach...Not sure if it's mutual..(But I think it's just me wanting it to be!)

*There is another soccer mom whom I don't like- Let me tell you why.  She's my age, she is super hot- thin/very good looking lady- and I don't like her because I've seen the soccer coach eyeing her.  Well last weeks game I had to sit next to her and we started talking turns out she is very nice and easy to talk too-- Bitch!!!!

Ha ha...lol.....snort

I called in "sick" today, even though I wasn't really sick, and even though I have missed far more days this year, than I should have, for genuine illnesses.  I just woke up completely unable to face the day.  There was no real reason, that I could find, only that I just could not make myself get up out of the bed.

Yesterday my 9 year old son got mad because I didn't cook (again)... he told me he is tried of eating peanut butter sandwiches and cup o noddles.  I am gonna make more of an effort to cook more often.  He made me feel like I was an unfit mother:(

One of my dogs puked on the carpet. I was relieved when the puppy, who eats everything from blue jeans to shoes to soda cans, ate it while I was getting paper towel so I didn't have to clean it up. I am gross. :(

Guest TooSoon

One of my dogs puked on the carpet. I was relieved when the puppy, who eats everything from blue jeans to shoes to soda cans, ate it while I was getting paper towel so I didn't have to clean it up. I am gross. :(

I can so relate to this.  So, so relate to this (but it is the feline variety).  My elderly, obese cat, Fatteus, eats, throws up and then eats his recently eaten thrown up food.  And honestly, that's cool with me.

In November when taking a trash bag full of cat litter out, the bag scraped on the concrete walk and broke.  Cat litter and cat poop everywhere.  That night I was too over it to deal so I said I'd do clean it up on the weekend.  Then it snowed.  And then it snowed some more.  Some of the snow melted but not all of it.  Then it snowed still more.  All the while I am pretending that it is going to somehow magically decompose when in reality I knew it was there, frozen, waiting for me.  The snow has now melted.  It is April and the pile is still there.  I look at it every day, walk around it to go to the mailbox.  Fortunately it is in the back yard and only I can see it (I think!?!) Do I really have to deal with it?  Secretly, I am still holding out that one morning I'll wake up and it will magically be gone.  The widow's brain has a mysterious logic when it comes to avoidance.

My 7yo dd lost a tooth tonight. My 13yo dd helped her pull it out.  That means I had tooth fairy duties because my 7yo still believes. :) I rarely carry cash these days because I always use my debit card. Well, sure enough I check my purse and no cash. What do I do? I grabbed a dollar bill from my 7yo's wallet. She'll never know. I'll sneak her another dollar the next time I have cash.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest TooSoon

Could not deal with dinner tonight either.  Let 8 year old make her own - mac and cheese.  It took her an hour.  She used like 50 utensils and dishes but I am all about 8 year olds who can cook, do laundry and take out the trash these days.....

My daughters are 15 (almost 16), 13, and 7 (almost 8.) All more than capable of fixing dinner once in awhile, but it's still left up to me. lol We had scrambled eggs, waffles, and grapefruit.

I confess:

Dinner was a bowl of cereal tonight. I could not be bothered with anything more laborious than that.

I wanna slap my friend round the face for her blithe affect in life (jealous much? Um, helz yeah, I am!). She doesn't make the faintest attempt to understand why I'm struggling with grief. Still. (Like, shouldn't I be over "that" or something??). Um, Google "grief", hooch!

Opportunistic people around me that try to be advantageous of my giving nature and avail themselves of use of my husband's things, or presume I am loaded due to my being widowed. Widowed = windfall, right?

I'm fairly surly tonight.

Baylee

I ate the following at the little league concession; jumbo hot dog, soft pretzel with nacho sauce, coke - dessert was a freeze pop. Hell compared to some of the crap I've been eating at home, it was a 4 star feast. Pathetic  :-\

There was a lot of breakfast going around last night wasn't there lol. I had breakfast casserole and bacon. Because the meltdown of my dd dying and frying her hair and having to take her senior pictures yesterday was about all I could handle in one day.

We had Open House night at school, which meant a late night for me. I was trying to get things done in my classroom and didn't head home, until after 8:00, so my dinner consisted of 2/3 of a pack of peanut butter crackers, half a Hershey's pie, and a root beer soda. Thankfully, my son had enough sense not to wait on me to get home to feed him. At least one of us ate a decent meal.

My kid brushes his teeth about 3 times a week. The fight is exhausting.

I hate being around "normal" people. Am I the only one who notices how conversations are no longer about spouses when I'm in the room.

I have used the "oh, I'm just so overwhelmed" excuse to explain why I don't clean my house. I'm not overwhelmed. I'm under supervised. I don't clean my house because I'd rather play candy crush.