On line dating vents and laughs......

momtokam

Well I jumped on match again about a week ago. But I kept my profile in "hidden" mode so that men couldn't contact me or see my profile unless I had initiated some kind of contact with them.

Honestly most of the profiles seemed like duds. It was actually kinda discouraging. I just felt like "oh my Gawd I am better off alone I think".  Which I guess is not the worst way to feel.... After the wacko I just ditched, I feel really okay with being alone for now....strange concept after being widowed....but the bad profiles just reinforced that feeling.

But I saw one fella who really caught my attention with what he wrote, and it turns out what I wrote really resonated with him too. Blah blah blah turns out he is a Persian gulf vet & 14yr navy guy, wants to live as far outside of the city as possible just like me.... Lives a very similar lifestyle to me and to the way LH was raised also. We went on a date yesterday and it was a hit. :-) Actually he initiated a lot of curiosity about LH and I didn't feel weird talking about LH at all. The give and take of our whole date felt very balanced. It was great to talk to someone familiar with the VA and all the veteran craziness. He even had inquired about how LH and I met, and smiled and laughed at the story. I felt like I was in the twilight zone.....especially after dating a guy who fundamentally did not respect LH or my decision to be with LH as long as I was. This guy point blank told me how much he respected what I went through with LH, etc.  Having that understanding off the bat is a really good place to be starting.

Anyway. A good experience. We'll see where this goes.

I'm sorry RyanAmysMom.

The married guys are everywhere, even the paid sites.

My match has expired since last August. I had deleted pics and all narratives. Just my stats are there.

I added I am no longer a member on my status line and in my info section I wrote saying sorry you missed out, I'm no longer a member, too bad as I am a good catch!

I added a pic back 2 days ago, as an experiment but did not change my words....

I now have likes, winks, messages! This proves that most men don't read, they only look at pics! Geez!!!

Momto -- sad, isn't it? I think what stumps me most about dating sites is how many people are there looking just for sex and how many seem to think that's all anyone wants. I guess the translation for 'looking for long-term relationship' is 'looking for long-term f*** buddy' :(

You really can't make this stuff up!

Message on Match.  I can actually read it as this member has the reply for free option....

"I really enjoyed reading your profile. I just wanted to say hi…."

This is what my complete profile says...

"Find me before August 17th, 2016...I will expire after that...

You didn't find me...

So I guess I have expired...

Too bad...

I am a great catch too..."

We're very open, very comfortable talking with each other. That's why I'm so attracted to him. I love his personality, and we have a lot in common.  When we started talking to each other it was like we had been close for years. We talk daily, all throughout the day. I hope we at least remain friends. I really enjoy talking to him.

I have been chatting/talking with a guy that lives 3 hours away for months now.  I like the guy but I just don't think it is going to go anywhere.  I keep asking when we are going to meet and he avoids that question.  Time to move on.

Went out with supper with some old friends this week, each of them met their significant other online so I opened up my profile, yet again. 

Lots of "likes" and one message.  The guy's profile is so "wild", it is so long and doesn't make any sense at all.  I am trying to be open, but...????

Years ago when I first ventured onto the sites I thought it was going to be so easy. Little did I know how many "weird ones" there are out there, but I guess it is better to find out online than in person.  Then I find someone that I think there is hope, but they end up ghosting, just want to chat or want to meet right away and sometimes my schedule I just can't make it on short warning.

Maybe I should suck it up and try one of the paid sites again instead of the free ones.

Years ago when I first ventured onto the sites I thought it was going to be so easy. Little did I know how many "weird ones" there are out there, but I guess it is better to find out online than in person.  Then I find someone that I think there is hope, but they end up ghosting, just want to chat or want to meet right away and sometimes my schedule I just can't make it on short warning.

Maybe I should suck it up and try one of the paid sites again instead of the free ones.

There were so many weirdos! Ugh, I remember that and I had to block a couple of people. I just kept at it and finally weeded through the ghosters and creeps and met some actual regular people. It wasn't easy, but it was worth it.

Not sure about the paid vs. free sites, I have heard people have success with either. I found someone on a free site. I seem to remember a discussion on here (maybe even this thread) where people talked about what site was best depending on a variety of factors like age, religion, region, things like that.