On line dating vents and laughs......

momtokam

ok heres my complaint ...why is everyone my age so friggin short. I'm not having much luck online and really like meeting people in a situation better. But honestly I go out dancing and to gatherings and am in a room of 40 people and there's  only 2 people taller then me!  I want someone taller then me, I may have to change my mind  about this.

I'm 5'9" .....does height differences bother anybodyelse?

I'm 5'9" .....does height differences bother anybodyelse?

I had to chuckle at this.  I have no idea how tall my first husband was.  He was never able to stand and walk.  I got used to towering over him. I had to bend over to kiss him.

My second husband was 6"4+.  He had to bend over to kiss me...and I occasionally stood on a step for a face-to-face hug and kiss.  :) :)

Maureen

I'm 5'9" I gave up on wearing heels decades ago because of this. My first husband was 6'4" my LH was 5'10" if you could get him to stand up straight. He had broke his back several times and had probally a foot of his back all fused together. The guys I date now are typically my height. I would like a taller guy but it's not a deal breaker. As a 49yo I find the guys who want to date me are 56-65 . The lack of engery is a huge issue. I love movies but I don't want to sit and watch them all the time. That and dinner out seems to be all that most of these guys can handle.  Really, mini golf, bowling, a nice walk, or something more active is way to much?  I just don't get it! 

imissdow -- interesting you say that. NG is 52 and certainly loves to just chill (also broke his back a few years ago ... lower back issues galore) but we had a great time at one of those escape rooms. However, while I go to the gym, I am not a particularly outdoorsy sort so chilling (and cooking!) works for me. Now, back to my steaks for tonight ;)

If I mention the gym they normally laugh. One guy did go to the gym with me and said, "never again." He did  his own thing. It's not like I was running him through my weight routine. I miss going to the gym with my LH. He helped motivate and challenge me. Not just in the gym.

I agree imissdow. Movies are nice, but I want to go out and do fun activities too. Be active!

OMG I'm 54 but I'm viewed as active even in an active group.....

I'm capable of relaxing but yes I need to be doing. I have a picture of myself rock climbing in my profile.....not because I love rock climbing( it was a one time thing) but to show I'm active.

,,,,,,,and yet i still get people 10 years older then me that look like a walk by the lake would get them breathng hard contacting me.

Realistically I'd like to meet someone of similar age and similar activity level....how hard can this be???? :P

5'2", so height isn't a big deal for me.  :D 

Yup, the energy thing - I'm having a different kind of a problem though.  Guy that I've seen a few times is super active, but mostly wants to do his thing - stand up paddle boarding, surfing, rock climbing.  At my age, it's unlikely that I'll keep up with him with his sports.  My dancing, hiking and going to the gym seems boring to him.  sigh ....... 

Trying -- maybe you all could meet in the middle since you like hiking, which it seems like he might enjoy as well. And then you could always swim while he paddle boards. A girl's gotta keep her own pleasures but have fun with her fella as well :) That is, if you're both open to a bit of compromise.

arneal  I will try to include him in on my activities.  What bothers me is that he was incredulous that I wouldn't join him for a night-time paddle (chilly night!) to see the moon rise.  Sounds romantic, yes - but I think it would have been a miserable experience for me.  Feeling old.  Guess I should feel lucky that he's active, though.

Trying: You might want to have a conversation with him about your likes and so on if you haven't already. There's nothing wrong with not wanting to do something like that. My NG was shocked that I didn't play board games; I explained (kindly) that I am not really competitive. He gave it a bit of thought and surmised that since I didn't really grow up playing them as I have no siblings, I didn't grow that competition gene :) I think he is sometimes a bit disappointed but I told him he could teach me. In actuality, I just don't pay attention to rules very well so most games tend to overwhelm me even when they are viewed as simple. We've got to work this thing to find some common ground and then accept where our differences are :)

My Personal Safety - Public Service Announcement of the Day:

I didn't like how a man who I had met was speaking to me via text.

I asked him to stop, then I asked him to not contact me again.

I learned how to use the block feature of my phone and didn't think about it for a few days.

When I opened my blocked messages folder, there was a barrage of texts, over the course of a few days, spewing derogatory curse words at me, and the last text which threatened bodily harm to me and one of my children.

In Florida, the electronic communication of threats of bodily harm is a 2nd degree felony.

This morning, I went to the local sheriff's office and filed a report, and then followed that up by going to the local courthouse and filed an injunction for a protective order for me and my children. If granted, uniformed officers will be serving him within the next 24-48 hours and detectives will be investigating.

Be careful out there, friends.

I know we like to think the initial best of others, but it can be a minefield out there.

Reality.

Too many internal emotions raging to type them out here, but I'm guessing you can imagine.

:'(

Wow. What a creep, I am so sorry you are dealing with this. I trust the authorities will set him straight. My guess is a visit from uniformed officers will get him to immediately stop. You definitely made the right decision to go to the authorities.

Unbelievable, I am shocked. Thanks for this cautionary tale to be careful.

If my dating life was not comical enough already...

I am meeting a 6'3" actor for lunch today!

If you have read any of my recent posts, you will find this pretty amusing!

It's nice to finally get a chance to meet a nice person, and have a great conversation for almost 2 hours.  I was beginning to doubt they existed or if they would ever cross my path, through on line dating. He even asked to see me again.

Who knows where, if anywhere, it might go, but it was nice to meet a true gentleman.