On line dating vents and laughs......

momtokam

Glad you had a good time! I hope the 2nd date is even better!

I had another guy contact me through Facebook.  We've been chatting quite a bit the past few days.  The guy I was dating wants to go out tomorrow or Saturday. I think we're leaning more towards the friend zone.

We ended up not getting together for our talk. I figured if he really wanted to talk he would have rescheduled a time. I didn't contact him.

The two guys I'm talking to are around my age, tall, and active. I thought that was funny since we were talking about that. One is 6'6 and the other is 6'4.

I debated cancelling my date for tonight, but I'm glad I didn't. Really nice guy, complete gentleman. We both mentioned going out again.

The reason I debated, I wasn't in the best mental state. I took my dad to the ER around 10am and was with him until 5pm. The MRI showed brain damage from multiple  mini strokes and alcohol abuse. For those who don't know, my mom died 3 months before my husband. She had ALS.  It's going to be a long, hard road with my dad. I just don't feel strong enough this time. Everyone is waiting for ME to take control. Completely baffles me! I already started looking into obtaining a power of attorney. Next steps will be moving assests, assisted living, and selling my childhood home. :( My dad is 66. From the years of alcohol abuse they are saying his brain is comparable to a 85 year old.

Well you guys. I will be joining you in the online dating world soon enough. Shit just ended with NG after 14months.

I need a break, but I also don't want to avoid the hard work of dating....so I will probably start up sooner than later, maybe in a couple weeks once I see what my new school schedule is like....but then again maybe sooner because I am a curious bird.

I am really trying to not be discouraged by all this.....I mean wow. Giving another man a fair shot is going to really test me....it's going to be hard But I must try to be as fair as I want to be treated. *deep breath*

I'll keep everyone informed of whatever online dating adventures I have, lol.

But deep down I am hoping I just meet someone in the real world..... That's how I met LH.

Semper -- you will find a guy who is there for you as you will be for him. I think there are opportunities for online dating to be the jumping off point to meeting a good person in the real world. NG and I met online, messaged on the site, had one phone conversation to firm up face to face meeting plans, and followed through. I hope that it will be a long-lasting situation (it's been about seven months now) but realize there are no guarantees. However, I totally agree with you that continued online back and forth is ... weird ...  :o Hope you find a special situation sooner rather than later and that any adventures are fun and harmless. I know that you will come back with something entertaining though because you are so good with words :)

Semper, all of my dates have either been from meeting through friends or Facebook. I haven't ventured into online dating yet.

The guy who I met up with Friday is talking about getting together Wednesday. I'll keep you posted. I'm still chatting with the other guy, but he is dating someone. Stepping back a bit. I do enjoy talking to him though.

Klim, I am at a loss to understand some of these men. The sad part is, it must work for them or they wouldn't suggest these things.

It does work - that's why they do it. Some 'Ladies' say similar things too. Not everyone is a decent guy/gal. If you are in the dating market for any length of time, you'll run into one.

It's no different than high school except for the fact that the players are older.

Good luck - Mike

Guest wecouldbeheros

Think this crosses over the gender gap, maybe it's the day and times, but I've seen an equal number on both sides.

Online complicates it, and imo accelerates it, because it's so easy to multiple date, so many seem brave with their approach, because there's always someone who will listen. Just a thought.

Make it go away ! After a hiatus from online , I went back. So far 2 scammers, a lot from states far away . And the topper today I see a guy that looks familiar, because his wife and him come to my gym class . I know both of them . I seriously want to stick pins in my eyes , it would be less painful!

Random Happy New Year texts came in on NYE.....

One from Mr "Can't meet you for coffee because I don't know when I'll finish from the gym".

Second from Mr "Come to my place and chill on a first date".

Yes, I laughed! 😁