Minimalist 1 item a day challenge!

MissingSquish

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I'm going to try this, AGAIN. 

Last night I spent a few, at times tough, hours sorting photos that are just dumped in boxes.  Starting by sorting into years, throwing away the envelopes and negatives.  I already reduced the volume by one box.

Nice going, RIFoF!  Over a year ago, I decided to dump all loose photos that were stuck in drawers, shoe boxes, albums, etc. into one spot to see what I had and I ended up with a storage tub full!  I have been trying to motivate myself to weed through them all...there are tons of duplicates, scenery shots of I-forgot-where places, and of people I-have-no-clue-who-you-are.  Something that I thought would be fairly simple to accomplish has turned into an overwhelming task.  I need to move this back near the top of my to-do list.

As for the minimalist challenge -- I dropped off several items at a new consignment shop here last week.  As of yesterday, I see that several items have sold and I have a few dollars coming my way!  :)    And whatever does not sell, I will let them keep and donate as they see fit...those items are *not* coming back in my house.

Guest TooSoon

Yesterday, 8 (eight!) trash bags finally made the journey from garage to goodwill. Hoping thus trend continues! My bedroom is like a monks cell and I absolutely love the simplicity. Thanks for migrating this thread and keeping us motivated!!

Guest TooSoon

I just threw away a pumpkin (yes, you heard that correctly) that had been frozen in my garage since Halloween but that had thawed and started rotting.    :o