engaged

maddalena

in July of 2012 I lost the love of my life, he died from cancer. there's not a day that goes by that i don't think of him, wish he was here, wish I could talk to him, wish he could see his sons. None of that has ceased.

But I found my own chapter II.

I met a man last summer (2014) that i knew from my freshman year in college. We seemed to get along pretty well, and then we were both smitten.

He's a bit of an odd duck, but then, so am I.  And we had a lot of the really important stuff in common.

We both want to have a relationship. We both are willing to work on it, to learn from mistakes, and be as honest as we can about our needs, what bothers us, what we like.

When you're 64 (and we both are) you know there really are no prince charmings, that every single man and woman has some personality issues, and sometimes you won't meet each other's needs or expectations.

that's just the way it is.

He agreed to move out here when he was ready to retire, as I have kids (grown of course) and he does not.  to make a long story short, we got his house ready to sell, and instead of taking months to sell, it took

days! so he gave notice at work, and a week before my birthday, presented me with a lovely ruby ring. We are engaged!

I've spent the last two months making room for him in my house! and before Christmas, he'll be here!

enough exclamation points! woohoo!

So back to how i started this thing. I lost the love of my life. New Guy is wonderful. He loves me, I love him. He's got some qualities my first dear husband didn't have. He lacks some that DH had.

Maybe he'll end up being the love of my life, but right now, he's just the man who is IN my life. Whose eyes sparkle when he sees me. Who tries to please me. Who gives me all the hugs I need and

who has my  back. he has my back! He's my partner, he's my friend. He's my ally. He's there for me when I'm sick, he supports me when others seem to be unfair. Of course, I am all these things to him.

it's a two way deal. Anyway, who knew! and that's my update.

Whose eyes sparkle when he sees me. Who tries to please me. Who gives me all the hugs I need and

who has my  back. he has my back! He's my partner, he's my friend. He's my ally. He's there for me when I'm sick, he supports me when others seem to be unfair. Of course, I am all these things to him.

Making me tear up with joy right here at my desk! So happy for you both.

What a wonderful Merry Christmas present! Congrats congrats congrats. Enjoy every moment Maddalena!

Guest TooSoon

I thought, I wonder how Mimi's doing, if things are still going well with that guy with the bird.

Funny, I have also wondered about the bird!