Sexy Widowed Saturday Night!

MissingSquish

Saturday evening spent in my comfies with my momma. Yup, my Saturday night date is my momma. We ordered Mexican takeout and watched The Big Bang Theory reruns.

At this point, I should get a dozen cats and invest in some elastic waistbanded pants. And call it good.

Baylee

Once again, I have a killer migraine to get my evening off to a wonderful start. Thank God for delivery, so I didn't have to cook dinner. I suspect the salt intake from the food I just ate is a little higher than what I am supposed to be taking in, since my mini stroke.

I did not go see New Guy this weekend, because I have physical therapy first thing Monday morning. He and I have been texting back and forth, while I sit here with my cuddly four legged critter. I have been thinking how much I love my Pit Bull, Boo, and I appreciate that she is such an affectionate dog. I just wish she did not feel the urge to sit on top of me, pretty much every minute of the day, especially since it is around 90 degrees outside and not much cooler in the house. Warm licks and hot doggie breath is not nearly as much fun as one might expect.  :P

Spent the day working at our scout camp rebuilding a road and then in the back yard with new edging around the back mulch bead and fire pit.  Nice shower and then homemade bacon egg and cheese sandwich for dinner.  Watching Jurassic Park with 3 out of 4 kids and reading board in between.

My daughters and I got our hair cut this morning. Then we went to Panera Bread for lunch. A little shopping after lunch. Then to the ice cream shop before we saw Pitch Perfect 2.  I fixed pasta for dinner. Now we're working through our shower routines. 2 down, 2 to go! Depending on what time we get finished with our showers we might watch Ferris Bueller. We bought it today at Target. We have to get up in the morning for church, so we'll see.

Seeing this title gave me a jolt of a memory.  When Rick was in the hospital, probably only a week before he died, he was getting his one and only chemo treatment.  They were also giving him something to reduce the potassium in his body, apparently he had too much.  Whatever it was, it made him have diarrhea really bad and he was spending much time on the porta potty in the room and I was there helping him.  He made a joke about our exciting Saturday night.  I laughed and said I was happy to be there sharing it with him.  I'd still rather be doing that with him than any Saturday night I've had since then.   

• 2 weeks later...

It's that time of the week, once again, to tell us all about your Sexy evening. Now, if I had been checking in last weekend, I could have told you about the wonderful day I spent at the beach with New Guy, and about our dinner boat cruise and evening under the stars. Now THAT was a sexy evening.  ;)

Alas, this week, my Saturday evening shall be anything, but sexy, as I am at home, where the temperatures hit a lovely 112 degrees outside, today. As is typical, the cooler decided to quit working, on the hottest day of the year, so far.  Needless to say, it's nice and toasty in my abode and far too hot for anything sexy.

Although....

I am half dressed, in order to keep as cool as possible. Maybe I am sexy, after all!  ;D

Finally it stopped raining here and my grass was very long.  So I finished mowing my yard at 8:45 p.m.  .. it was just starting to get too dark.  Now I'm a big sweatball and just to tired to get in the shower right now.  Oh, these Saturday nights are so much fun!

Once again, Saturday evening is upon us (I think, though I am losing track of time, so I could be off a day, or two). I happen to be in pretty sad shape today, missing my Kenneth and just all around miserable, so I am hoping to live vicariously through the rest of you today. Tell me about your sexy selves and all your exciting plans.

Yes, it is Saturday night.  I'm sorry you're having a miserable day.  Unfortunately, I don't think my exciting day/evening is going to do much for you.  I spent the day working in the yard weeding, planting, etc., then I've spent the afternoon and until just now, cleaning out and painting the pantry closet in the kitchen and in the dining room.  I'm just totally exhausted so I'm stopping for the night even though I'm not done.  My hair is a mess and I've got paint all over me.  Not quite a sexy sight!  Going to hit the shower and then try to figure out something simple for dinner.  Will probably crash in front of the TV watching the latest Hallmark movie.

No exciting plans here either. Our relatives flew out Thursday, so I've been catching up on laundry and cleaning. I pretty much let it all go for a week while they were visiting. I had plans to start a painting project, but I haven't really been motivated today. I had an emotionally stressful day yesterday.

It's a quiet night for me. I just got off the phone with my mother-in-law. I'm going out to dinner with her and my sister-in-law one week from tonight (July 4), which is the 1-year anniversary of Catherine's death.  We're going to a Chinese restaurant and hoping to avoid all the holiday celebrations.

I'm sitting here with a small glass of bourbon and a tall glass of lemonade. I'm wearing - believe it or not - my long-sleeve Tommy Bahama pajamas.  It's a cool evening and I don't want to turn the heat on.

|+|  M a r k  |+|

I was having a down day and kicked myself in the butt to go to a wine tasting party in town. Once there however I realized I couldn't keep up with the fake smile and chit chatting and the flirting. So I left early and now sitting at Shake Shack with French fries and a glass of red wine...alone.

Yea that describes basically all of my weekend nights, not being to keep up with this fake I'm okay persona. So tonight, in fact, I'm at a party, and have separated myself in the corner and have logged on to widda.org because making conversation just takes too much energy, and people just don't get how hard this is