Sexy Widowed Saturday Night!

MissingSquish

A rainy dreary Saturday night after a stressful week and a graduation party I barely faked polite conversation through.  Now it's been 2 hours of crying and temper tantrums for me.  If anyone finds a total basket case sexy, I'm your woman!

Hugs to all of you having a tough day/evening. I'm in good company at least. Since my wrist is healing, I'm back to trying to finish packing up our house. It is so emotionally hard for me, but it must be done. I feel sick every time I drive there. I'm undoing things T did - simple things like taking down the quilt hanger he put up for me. More painful than most would understand. But I'm making some progress at least. Not a fun way to spend my Saturday evening, but now I'm home and resting. Hoping to get settled down enough to sleep.

Hey guys, how's the Saturday night treating you?  Sorry to check in a bit late. Watching a marathon of RuPaul's Drag Race. 

Squish hated when I watched this show (and any other reality show). But I think it's a very positive and tongue and cheek parody of reality shows.

Hi MS! Made it through our 3rd July 4th without T. Thankfully the fireworks were rescheduled due to weather, so I got a brief reprieve. Fireworks without T just don't feel the same. We had T's parents over for an indoor picnic, which was nice. Right now I'm thinking about the red-velvet cake I passed on earlier and trying to avoid a trip down to the kitchen. Hopefully sleep will take over instead. I could use the rest. (May be hard with all the neighbors' fireworks still going off).

Hugs...

New Guy and I are at the local high school near his house, listening to an outdoor concert and waiting on the fireworks to start in a bit. This is the high school, where I will start my new teaching position next month. He's been teasing me that I better enjoy my last year of anonymity, before everyone starts recognizing me as one of the teachers.

My daughters and I were invited to see a fireworks show next Saturday, so we've just been cleaning and organizing. Our basement flooded yesterday, so we've been sorting through all of the wet stuff. I had professionals come to extract the water and I filed a claim with my insurance. The dehumidifiers and fans will be here until at least Monday. Then the real reorganizing will start. We're just doing what we can now. What a mess! At least our basement will be organized though I suppose. Fun Saturday night!

My family all went to an all-day holiday picnic/swimming/fireworks extravaganza out in the country-- I was invited, but I had to work. That was fine; I didn't feel like being social anyway. I got a small pizza from a local bistro and ate it while watching Captain America: The First Avenger on cable. I ended up curled in a fetal position on the couch, telling myself over and over, "I'm fine by myself, I don't care, I don't need anyone." Meant to come here and post about it, but I couldn't summon the energy. I went to bed before my gang got home, just so I wouldn't have to pretend to be glad they all had a great time.

Speaking of the sex thread-- I wondered about posting there as well. I had another round of intensely vivid dreams that led to a small breakdown when I woke up. Happy Fourth to me. Sigh.

Happy Saturday night sexy wids!

Just got done cooking dinner on the grill with DS.  We've got bats behind our shutter so we watched them as they came out.  Counted 36 of them.  Just hope they stay outside!  Even with them, the bugs were pretty bad so we're inside now where I'll do the dishes while he finds something to watch on Netflix.  Then, I'll probably fall asleep as soon as I sit down to watch something!

At home with sick kid.  Have had to go to hospital and MD twice this week.  Plans today-cancelled.  Plans tomorrow- cancelled.  Today would have been our 6th wedding anniversary.  Sadly, the days are so meaningless and grey and I am so tired lately that I didn't even notice until mid-way through the day.  Raising a glass to all my virtual widow/er friends tonight. 

I am in bed, watching TV because my first floor AC crapped out and I'm tired of sweating.  Cool and comfy and tired from a day of sorting and purging in prep for our move.  I will be asleep before 10:00 I'm sure.

Saturday night seems pretty identical to Saturday afternoon. I stubbed my little toe last night and the neat shade of purple and the pain I feel with every step tells me it may be broken. Hopefully not! So I have been laying on the couch all day with a pillow and blanket. I did get dressed in jeans and a t-shirt as to not traumatize the pizza guy though!

Just finished a screaming match with my 15-year-old dd that concluded with her dramatically smashing a glass on a tile floor. The appalling injustice done to her? She was asked to move her legs so her brother could sit down on the couch. @@

Now no one is one the couch-- the tv has been turned off, the glass swept up, and everyone sent to bed. I have retreated to my room to watch Mysteries at the Museum on my laptop. Another scintillating Saturday night. Sigh.

Hello friends. We actually were invited to a barbeque and to watch fireworks tonight. It was very nice. Now I'm in bed hoping that maybe tonight I'll sleep. Surely all these nights in a row of not sleeping well has to end soon. CG, I'm so sorry your child is sick. Clinking my glass back and sending you tight anniversary hugs.

My daughters and I went to a fireworks show too. They hire professionals to do the fireworks, rent inflatables for the kids, and have vendors. Best and loudest fireworks display I've ever seen. Hopefully we'll be invited again next year. :) I did tear up during the fireworks. The last professional fireworks show we saw together as a family.

I also went to week later fireworks

we have gone every year for about 4 years

have great friends over and their kids

was a little rough as this was the first time with out My don

reminded me of last year when he taught the kids how to make the perfect toasted marshmallows for their s'mores

so I smoked a cigar in his honor after everyone left

my favorite times with him sitting in the back yard in the quiet having a drink after parties

Sexy? No, felt like a frump. I did go out with my 16yo and 13yo to watch a local band play though. We had a great time. Earlier in the afternoon my daughters and I went school supplies shopping, and then did some clothes shopping too. Funny how excited they get over school supplies.

I'm slumped on the couch watching Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince . I'm hot,  I'm tired- just came off another 12-hour shift, I haven't even changed out of my scrubs. Just realised I've got tears running down my face. No reason for it- just tired and lonely and sad. I can't for the life of me figure out why men aren't lined up at my door... :-/

Sexy widowed Saturday night is upon us again.

I went out for a nice motorcycle ride this morning, but I am still struggling with grief induced sleep loss.  I keep waking up at 3 AM and am unable to go back to sleep. Still walking around in a bit of a daze and missing my uncle terribly.

I've tried soothing music, warm bath before bed, lavender and extra anti-anxiety meds. Not working. Nope. Nada. 

I know it's going to take a bit of time to process all of this.  Tried walking a bit more today, and will try to get into hot yoga tomorrow morning and see if the excercise helps me.

Hello fellow sexy wids!

MS, sorry you're not sleeping...that just adds to the anxious feelings.  Here's hoping tonight is better for you.

No plans for me tonight...  Was at my sisters for a small get together this afternoon so now I'm hot and tired.  Gonna turn on the AC, slip into my jammies and then cleanup the kitchen.  Maybe I'll try to find a movie to watch and get to bed at fairly early.  Have a busy day tomorrow...

Tonight is my last night in our home.  I'm alone, by choice.  I took my inlaws to see the new house and then went out to dinner with them, they are being so supportive about my decision to move but it's very emotional for Tim's mom to say goodbye to our home.  Now I'm in bed, with a half glass of wine (so I can still take an Ambien).  Hoping for a little sleep, MS I hope you sleep too!

Just ate a steak, french fries and a glass of wine.  Burned my forearm on the oven door. I'm getting ready for bed because I have a busy day tomorrow.  On Thursday morning,  I'm catching a bus for a weekend trip in NYC.  It's nice that I no longer have hang-ups about traveling.

|+|  M a r k  |+|