Anyone else...

Wheelerswife

Yes just missing him more and more each day.  We never celebrated this day as well so I do not think triggered it.  Up last night until 3 and did not want to go to at bed.  Just wanted him here holding me. 

Wishing everyone a better day.

Amor

Yes, I am bummed out today as well. My wife loved Valentine's Day. So it was a special day for us, even though we shared our love for each other all of the other days as well. The last time we went out was on Valentine's Day, which makes it bittersweet.

Me too!  Even though a few friends have sent me Valentine cards and wishes (including the young son of a friend who showed up at my door today with a handmade card for me because I "lost my Valentine") and I love everyone for thinking of me, it's just not the same.  Hugs to you all!

It was brutally cold here today; it never got more than 10 degrees above zero (Fahrenheit). I had bought a bunch of stuff for my parents at Costco, and they said they'd stop by my house to pick it up. I got restless after lunch and asked them to instead meet me at Catherine's cemetery.

I took with me two heart-shaped cookies from a bakery we both loved. I left one in the snow just in front of her grave while I ate the other. I was really glad to get outside of the house, despite the cold. At least we had sunny skies and lots of snow on the ground.

I am actually just weepy and sad today.  It started at 11:30 last night when I came across the movie P.S. I Love You.  And even though I knew what the movie was about I couldn't stop myself from watching it.  So I kicked off Valentine's Day crying on and off during the entire movie.  Couldn't get to sleep and then woke up still weepy and sad.  Thank goodness I knew it would be an emotional day and planned accordingly by having my kids friends over for the day.  It kept me from curling into the fetal position for the day.  Jon and I loved to do something special for Valentine's Day when it fell on a weekend.  We just wanted to steal those precious couple moments whenever we could, and used Valentine's Day as an excuse. Wishing he was here for a sweet Valentine's kiss.

...just bummed out today?  In general, I've been doing okay.  But today, I am really missing him.  We wouldn't have done anything special today, because every day was special to us.  I'm glad we lived that way.  Sigh.

Maureen

Exactly how I was feeling and I was thinking how glad I was we lived like that. I have always disliked valentines day because if you weren't in a relationship the sad spotlight was on you and if you were the pressure to do something, buy something was there.

Yes, yesterday was not a good day. I took a long nap which left less time to have to think about it. However, the kids liked the gifts I got them. My nephew dropped off a small box of my favorite salted caramels for me. I was blessed to have contact with a few dear widow friends. Then my daughter and I watched The Walking Dead together. So, I'm thankful for all those things, though missed my T very much.

Going to join the pity party( although I had a very nice valentines with new guy). My dad died 5 years ago on Valentines day. A little over 2 years later DH died and finally a year later my mom died. Today on facebook I was reading some remebrances about my Dad, It made me think of all I've lost in the last while...my dad was the first.

It's kinda a double whammy here in Ontario.... Valentines day followed by Family day......just kinda accented those absent from my life.