Do you still cry when you look at their pictures?

still_lost

My husband passed away six years ago, but I still have a few pictures of him hanging in my son's room. Some days when I go in there, I can see my husband's face and smile at all of the memories we had over ten years. Other days, like yesterday, I walked into my son's room, saw his picture in the frame, and felt so overwhelmed. I could not stop the tears from flowing. It's strange to me that this still happens after so much time has passed.

Guest k3songs

Yes I still cry.  I can look at him and it all seems so unreal that he's gone.  It's going on six years for me also and I still cry.  I miss him so much. 

It will be 3 years since my husband died next month. I have pictures of him everywhere in the house - family snapshots mainly of our lives with the kids, etc.. I am able to look at them and feel better by remembering those precious times. That is a huge step forward to me, because for a long time pain was the first emotion I felt when seeing him. I still often cry, however at least the good feeling comes first now. I miss him immensely every day. I'm not sure if missing him less would make me feel better or worse. It is what it is for now. I realize I'm blessed to have so many pictures and good memories to go with them.

3 years for me and I still cry every single time I look at a photo of my husband. It's terribly painful for me. After a series of moves, we actually didn't have a lot of framed photos out. However, I have a ton of old-school and digital photo albums and it's still very, very hard to look at them.

(((Hugs to you)))

I have a photo of my wife on my mantel above the fire place,that I'm going to move,because I feel so awful when I see her it destroys me...

It's embarrassing to admit,but it's the truth,I remember her beautiful face in my mind,somehow seeing her in a photo HAMMERS IN that's she's gone & for now I like to think she lives through me,more so than she's gone.

I need help in that area I imagine,but above is the Gods honest truth.

There was a time when I never thought I wouldn't cry at a picture of Michael.  Fast forward nine years and I can say I smile and laugh at a lot at his pictures!  His sister just passed away and I've been going through pictures for her memorial service.  The tears I'm shedding now are for her.

I'm at 4 1/2 years and I almost never cry about him in general anymore and almost never cry because of photos of him.  We didn't have children, and even though the fact that he never got to be a father and I don't have his child makes me very upset still, I wonder if, if we had kids, I would cry more, for the kids losing a father.  I don't know. 

Like Gracelet, I don't cry at pictures generally unless I'm going through several pictures at once. Which I generally try to avoid. I tend to cry more at music. No just songs that he liked, but songs that speak to my feelings about certain things.

I don't tend to cry at pictures, but I do sometimes pause and think something like "I still cannot believe that happened." It is a weird thing to accept something as reality but still not really believe it happened. The thing that never fails to make me cry are letters from the donor network. Those are hard.

I don't cry at pictures...didn't even in the beginning much. But i do ask a question similar to Jess and say "how(the fuck) did this happen?". And usually  I do add the eplicative in the middle, it seems appropriate.

I cry most often when I have to handle something with my kids that would be so much better if he were here.

Almost never unless he's with my neice or nephew and I'm startled yet again at how much time passed. They were so cute and little. now they aren in 10th grade and graduating college. It brings tears. But not sobs. I'm going on 7 years. But I don't think it is about time. It is how Im wired. Crying,or not crying isn't a measure of our progress. Hugs

Yes.  Also when I recall certain memories and certainly when I listen to music.  It's mostly just the silent, tears welling up kind of crying, but there have been a few times in the past few weeks that have brought me back to the gasping sobs, however briefly.