Remembering them...Post a Picture...

rifatheroffour

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Twenty five years ago today I married this wonderful man. It was not the quiet wedding we wanted and our plans were to renew our wedding vows today (and have a 2nd honeymoon). As well as being grateful for the 21 years we were married I feel so sad today that we didn't this far.

What makes today even more hard to bear is that one of my sons is getting married on Saturday and today we are making his cake. I want a do-over, want this to be me again and want him back so much.

37c9eaa018.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Today is Dan's birthday and rather than a picture of him I thought I would post his version of a card on this weepy Monday.  Yes, it's a shop towel, folded, held together with duct tape and containing his scribble.  But, it's my most favorite item in the house as it represents some really great memories and makes me smile every time I look at my desk.

• 2 months later...

One of my favorite pictures of us. I was in a friend's wedding party, thus the long satin dress- which his Elvis tie matched so perfectly...love the way we're looking at each other.

(P.S. The major reason I posted is because this is one of my most favorite threads and I was hoping I'd inspire other people to put up some pictures also. Please...please- its been a while and I'd love to see some more)

• 4 months later...

I haven't seen this thread in a whIle so I figured it's time for a bump and in honor of our anniversary today these are most appropriate...oh how I miss that smile...she had it till the day she died.

These are our wedding day, two ceremonies to reflect both of our traditions...

Document%20-%20Fal%20amp%20Rudi%20Hindu%20Wedding%204-23-1994%20-%20Cr_zpsofuwlvdq.jpg

Document%20-%20Fal%20amp%20Rudi%20Catholic%20Wedding%204-23-1994%20-_zpsbyy3gny5.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

The day before her first surgery.  Pancreatic.  We both knew,I think. She said, take some photos of me. You can see some signs, the puffiness, maybe the concerned look. But mostly I notice the fact she was completely incapable of keeping those glasses from sliding down her nose. Love you, love. Always. IMG_0465_zpsncyyikfn.jpg