You might have "Widda Brain" if....

lcoxwell

1) you get in your truck and start to leave the house, but remember you forgot to put on your shoes, so you have to go back inside.  You start to leave again, but realize that when you went inside to put on your shoes, you left your keys on the dresser, so you have to go back inside again.  You start to leave a third time, and manage to pull out into the street, when you look down and notice you also left your purse inside, so you have to park once more and go back inside a third time.  You start to leave a fourth time, and realize you should have gone to the bathroom, then decide it isn't worth it to go back, because at this rate, you might never leave.  Ten minutes later, you FINALLY start driving down the street.

2) you have to dig through the pile of clothes you had planned to take to Good Will, in order to find something to wear for the day, because although you washed a load of clothes, you forgot to move them over to the dryer.

3) you have to feed the dogs people food, because even though you went to the store three times this week, you forgot to pick up dog food while you were out, and now you have on pajamas and don't have it in you to get dressed and go back out again. 

4) you realize that you did not pay one of your bills on time, because rather than putting the envelope in the mail for it to be delivered, you instead put it in the glove compartment of your truck, like that made good sense.

And last, but certainly not least....

5) you run out of gas on the way home from work, because even though you have gone out multiple times in the last few days; and even though your truck has had the little warning light and the little alarm go off that tells you you need to put gas in the truck; and even though, as you have been out running errands, driving to and from work, and taking a coworker home you have passed AT LEAST seven different gas stations, MULTIPLE TIMES, you still forgot to fill it up with gas.

(Please, feel free to add your own "Widda Brain" moments, either for our entertainment, or to stand in solidarity with me, so I don't have to feel like a complete imbecile.)

Guest Questions

.. if you write everything on sticky notepads that over time become a large stack of sticky yellow papers on top of your desk & mistake it for efficiency.

.. if you write a long grocery list then drive to the store, leaving it behind on the kitchen counter.

.. if you decide to slow trickle all your trees roots via the hose & don't remember until 6+ hrs have passed that the hose is still turned on watering the 1st tree.

.. if you spend 2 hours preparing a nice chicken dinner & then fall asleep on the couch while it's baking for an hour only to wake up 3 hours later to something resembling charcoal.

.. if you know there are many more incidents that could be added to this list but for for the life of you can't remember what they all are..  :o

... if you set your drink down and lose it for ten minutes, wondering if God is trying to tell you something

... if you make a cup of coffee and completely forget about it for hours (today was only 15 minutes, though!)

... if you completely forget to pay property taxes until you clean your desk weeks later, and then have a rough time figuring out the penalty

Take care,

Rob T

You might be a widow if....you find out you didn't put the car registration sticker on the license plate...when I nice policeman pulls you over to tell you....and you reach into the glove box with a look of confusion on your face because you KNOW you updated the registration....and there sits the sticker...still attached to the registration paper.  And then...you start to cry....because widowbrain sucks...and the policeman gets all concerned about your emotional well-being...and you have to convince him that you aren't going to completely fall apart over a registration sticker.

Yeah.  That was me.

Maureen

Oh...that reminds me...I have to renew the car registration....

Guest Questions

... If you made really ambitious plans for the following day..

... & you went shopping so you'd have everything you needed when you started..

... & turned in early so you could get a fresh start 1st thing in the morning..

... but you couldn't sleep because you were anxious about the plans you'd made..

... so you turned on the TV in the bedroom hoping it would lull you to sleep..

... but there was a documentary on about bereaved children & you watched it in it's entirety..

... & it got you to missing your spouse something terrible..

... & you stayed up all night crying & blowing into tissues..

... & now it's morning of the next day & you feel like a zombie & look like you've been hit by a train..

... & are far too tired to fulfill any of the plans you anxiously made.

..if you fill up the car and leave the gas tank off as you drive away.

..if you go to the store and forget why you went there.

...if you call your date by your husband's name by mistake (yes, I have done this)

...if you misplace all your important files

...if you cant remember any of your new neighbors names (even though you met them after the accident several times).

...if you cry over spilt milk.

...if you forget everybody's birthdays

You might be a widow if....you find out you didn't put the car registration sticker on the license plate...when I nice policeman pulls you over to tell you....and you reach into the glove box with a look of confusion on your face because you KNOW you updated the registration....and there sits the sticker...still attached to the registration paper.  And then...you start to cry....because widowbrain sucks...and the policeman gets all concerned about your emotional well-being...and you have to convince him that you aren't going to completely fall apart over a registration sticker.

Yeah.  That was me.

Maureen

Oh...that reminds me...I have to renew the car registration....

CRAP!  I started to fill it out last week and I cannot for the life of me remember if I finished it or mailed it or put it somewhere.  Total blank!!

You know you are a widow when someone else's statement jogs your brain but doesn't actually engage it fully. :(  Off to hunt for the renewal form...

Thank you all for adding to this.  I love finding out I am not the only one who is afflicted with "Widda Brain".  My latest additions to the list include:

1) You might have "Widda Brain" if it takes you six hours to do a job that should have only taken about three, because you are too scatterbrained to concentrate.

2) You might have "Widda Brain" if you placed an envelope and stamps on top of your purse, so you would not forget to take them out to the truck, which you do, only to then take said envelope and stamps right back out, when you got to work.  Then, you returned to your truck twice, throughout the day, forgetting the very same envelope and stamps on your desk, not once, but both times.  Finally, you manage to remember to take the envelope and stamps to the truck, when you head home, only to absentmindedly carry them back inside, once you made it home, so that the envelope and stamps are back in the very place they started out, instead of in the truck, where you needed them.

You get ready to go to lunch with a friend to a nice restaurant and wear heels but don't realize they are two completely different shoes until you get back home  :)

You hit the button to open the garage door, don't wait for it to open all the way, walk right into it and end up on the ground.  Lucky for you the person you were meeting was coming up the drive at that time and saw the whole thing.

You pack the kids off to school and then scurry to the airport in order to fly out for a week long business trip. When your work mates ask "Who's going to take care of the kids this week?" and you say "(Dead wife's name), just like always." After your buddy's looks of shock force reality back into your head and you realize you didn't make any arrangements for the kids due to you being gone for 5 days - Yeah, you may have widda brain.

The drive home from the airport was the worst.

Mike

@Lmsmdm I have to say I smiled when I read your post above but I hate to admit to you that I did worse! I was talking to a wid friend on the phone in 2012 and I was walking around and finally I said to him, where the heck is it? He asked what are you looking for? I said, I am looking for my phone. He said ummmm hate to tell you this, but you are talking to me on it!  He still reminds me of that fact every now and then :)

You might have "Widda Brain", if you are driving down the same road you have driven down thousands of times before, literally less than a block away from your home, and you suddenly get worried, because you have no idea where you are, you think you are lost, and you can't remember where you could have possibly made a wrong turn.

You might have widda brain if...  every time this thread pops up you remember that you posted earlier about forgetting your registration for the vehicle after reading lcoxwell's post about an envelope in a car days ago.  Then you promptly forget that you still need to find the damn registration.

Great.  I am now using you people as my reminder feature on my computer...

You might have widda brain if you need to write yourself a "to do" list of places to stop on your way home from work, don't even realize you left it at home until you get home from work and see it sitting on the desk.  Then you add two more items and forget the list again the next day. 

If you try to change the channels on your tv with your cell phone and - then wonder why the heck nothings happening.

If you double, then triple check to make sure everything is off before you head off to work. And make sure the key is in your hand before you lock the door behind you.

If you talk to yourself like a therapist. And then answer yourself.

You might have widda brain if...  every time this thread pops up you remember that you posted earlier about forgetting your registration for the vehicle after reading lcoxwell's post about an envelope in a car days ago.  Then you promptly forget that you still need to find the damn registration.

Great.  I am now using you people as my reminder feature on my computer...

And guess what came in the mail today?  The finalized registration.  So, I filled it out, wrote a check AND mailed it, all with no recollection.  I made sure to put it right in the glove box.  Now I'm off to find the Calgon...

Guest Munsen

If you go to the grocery store then pull into your garage and forget the afore-mentioned groceries in the vehicle...until a day or two later when you start wondering what happened to the ice cream you'd gone to the store to get...

Taking out the garbage and leaving one door wide open (as you were going to come back in that way) then decided to go back in through a different door (for no reason just forgot what door you came out, I guess!), then wondered why house was getting cold...till you discovered the first door still hanging open...

Turned on the ensuite shower while I ran downstairs to get something; then forgot about my plans to shower until later in the day when I went upstairs to get something else and found the shower still running...

I have also forgotten sprinkler lines on for hours. And have forgotten to pay taxes or bills. Or left something on in my vehicle until the battery ran dry.

Widda brain is not a good life skill.. :(

If you go to the grocery store then pull into your garage and forget the afore-mentioned groceries in the vehicle...until a day or two later when you start wondering what happened to the ice cream you'd gone to the store get...

Oh, my goodness!  I did this exact same thing, not once, but TWICE, recently!

Guest Munsen

I don't forget ice cream.  Everything else...maybe.

:D

Maureen

Lol...spoken like a true ice cream aficionado :D

... if you take your car keys out of your pocket before a bike ride, and then later want go to the store in said car, but can't get why the pushbutton start is not cooperative (this happened today and once last weekend!)

Take care,

Rob T