Radio Hell - Ninth Level

Michael797

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Listeners: thanks for your responses. To those of you who are moving past, our heartiest congrats. For those of you who are fresh or stuck - well, we get that.

We've been off the air of sorts lately. Many of you know why; for those that don't, I'll try to explain.

Let's say (Trump forbid) that you had your child (or significant other) with you in a public place. You turn your back for just a second to ask a question or something. You turn back around - they're gone.

So you go through the usual shock, disbelief, "This isn't funny, come out right now!" sort of stuff. You look for someone to help you find them. That isn't working; your companion is nowhere to be found.

The graphic details of the aftermath are left to your imagination at this point. Let's just say that the first month, you're in complete denial of what's happening. This simply couldn't be your new reality; you hold out hope that this is just some sort of tragic joke and your child (etc.) will be returned to you in the name of justice.

By the second month, it's starting to sink in. This isn't a joke at all, it's your new reality. Most folks would agree that after the shock wears off, the unbearable horror sinks in. After the first month it gets way worse.

So imagine this scenario, but take away the hope - because you realize you'll never see them again.

That's kind of what it's like right now.

Now imagine being the mother of that child. You get the idea.

So it seems pretty stupid to keep posting updates to that sort of horror. It couldn't possibly be of help to anyone coming to this board looking for answers, could it?

That's why we're dark right now - in every conceivable way. Sorry for the static.

I'm still doing PMs here and there. Sorry for any delays in them. I hope you understand. But I'm still working on the manifesto in the other thread, in case you still want to contribute. An update to that thread is scheduled for a few minutes from now.

I am so very sorry for your loss.

I just found Radio Hell...I am glad I did.

My dad passed, then I lost my oldest sister (my best friend) and her husband, next my mom passed and last but not least, 6 months later my husband left for work and never came home.  All in a 4 year span.  I have often thought that I am glad I never had children because I am sure they would have been next in line......

3 and a half years on and scored 30 on the quiz...that was interesting to take.

Michael, thanks for posting and being here......I am so sad to say.....you get it.....

jgib, sorry for your losses as well. We all know only too well that death happens, but he seems to perform his job with monstrous glee sometimes, doesn't he?

I will say this - if one more person thinks that they're helping by insisting I'm still a father, I'm going to start screaming and not stop for a very long time. That's one holiday that doesn't have a shred of meaning anymore.

Given your score, I can only guess you're still very much embroiled in the struggle. If it helps, by all means, take whatever light was allotted to me - it appears I won't be needing it anymore in this lifetime. May it serve you better.

Thanks for the words Michael.

I have never really thought of glee in relation to death's performance, it has always been a bit more frenetic in my mind.....I guess glee could be attached to that, it wouldn't surprise me....

I do believe  I am still embroiled but I can say it is not really a struggle anymore.  A battle some days perhaps, but a battle I plan to win.  It is such a different world and life.  I don't really recognize myself anymore.

A phoniex rising from the ashes perhaps...ha, snort...ya right.....

I appreciate the offer of light.  I can honesty say my efforts to generate my own light seem to be coming to fruition.  It certainly has been dim here for a while.

With your strength, compassion and keen mind you will be needing that light.  Store it away for now, keep it safe I think one day you will look for it and breathe a healthy glow to it again.

All just words....I know.....

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...